All Topics / Help Needed! / Australia’s Best Cashflow Positive Suburb

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The market is booming around Australia, unless you are looking in mining towns where there is a lack of accommadation why would you expect to buy positive cashflowe property apart from dying one horse country towns.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

Wow Doom or Boom which is it ..
    Expect to find what you look for and you will more often then not find it.

I have only ever looked for and found  Pos cash flow properties
     they cost very little to buy  return a steady income and are were ever you care to find them.

Profile photo of runinnivruninniv
    @runinniv

I live in a mining town myself.   Place is located in North East Arnhem Land, called Nhulunbuy – better known as Gove. 

Known mostly as a bauxite mining town, remote area where the people earn big bucks.  But if you dont work for the mine, you rent.

Rent costs no less than $650/week and more like $700- $800/week. 

Extreme housing shortage.  I have a house here I purchased for $300k and rent for $800/week.  Also purchased a duplex with my cousins for $700k rents at $1350 a week. 

So what's the hitch?  Why isnt everyone buying? Leasehold land.  No big deal to me, the mine signed up another 30 year lease and was just purchased by Rio Tinto.  The mosre significant problem I see (for buyers) is that the Leasehold land means that most lenders require buyer has 30% of buy price (in other words, will only lend 70%).  Not easy for new investors, but possibly no big deal (I would think) for those who already have equity… that's how I got mine.  BOrrowed off a unit I had in Darwin. 

Houses now sell for about $350-$400. 

My parents bought 4 or 5 over the past 20 years for much less money and are laughing.  People said they were crazy for risking their $$ in a mining town.   They only have 2 left now.  Purchased the first for $20k (20 years ago) and rents for $800/week.  Nothing flash, only a donga.  The other they purchsed for $120k and they rent for $750/week. 

Profile photo of bundydogbundydog
    Participant
    @bundydog

Hi, I'm new to property Investing and haven't bought one yet. I have about $250k equity in my home. My question is not about the names of the best suburbs, but how to research an area. I am having trouble finding info on various aspects, including pop growth, industry, rental demand, average median price, rental vacancy, improvements for area etc… I am keen to do the research but need to find the right channels. I am looking all over the country in all states trying to find a deal. Any ideas

Profile photo of runinnivruninniv
    @runinniv

I recommend looking at the Australian Bureau of Statistics site (http://www.abs.gov.au/).  They can tell you a lot of what you are looking for, plus the latest cencus is due out any day now. 

Placing the name of suberbs will often give you links to local council web sites also, these can be very insightful, as far as any new developments, plans and the direction of the area. As well as any probelms/issues that they are currently trying to address.  These days local councils post drawing, plans and all sorts of information on their web sites for people to access, they also have contact numbers, so you can call them and enquire about rates etc for the area.  

One of the much more experienced investors on this forum recommended looking for IP's within your own area, outwards.  I like this notion also.  I am from the NT and have purchased locally, then further out, to Darwin, and am now looking further out again to Palmerston…. which I highly recommend exploring.  I was able to visit the areas cheaply and was more likely to hear from people ' on the ground' about what was happening about the place.  

Plus, it is amazing some of the conversations you can have with people when you 'go'.  Most people are stoked to tell their story and you can learn a lot from their expereince.  Talk to locals, ask them if they own, why/why not, where they recommend buying, if they know the bloke/women selling etc.  Very insightful.  

All the best.   

Profile photo of bundydogbundydog
    Participant
    @bundydog

Thank you Runniniv, just went to ABS website. There's alot of info on there, cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.