All Topics / Help Needed! / Australia’s Best Cashflow Positive Suburb

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Profile photo of TurnbyTurnby
    @turnby

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping we could really cut to the chase for some of the new guys and and hopefully the pro’s aswell to start the ball rolling again. I’m sure at one stage or another that the question of “Where is Australia’s best cashflow positive suburb” ( with possible short term capital gain or at least not go backwards ) was posed and then everyone went into great discussions and then that resulting in the great amount of different subjects today.

I was hoping that we could start from scratch again and throw any suggestions we have out there on a suburb that has got your interest at the moment. Take away all creative statergies and personal financial situations and just a basic Cashflow positive with chances of possible growth in the short, mediam or long term. E.G.” I have taken some interest in ……… Suburb because …….. The median prices are…….The population growth is …… The average rent yield is……with possible capital gain in the …… term etc. And leave this Forum subject area clean, as a source for further indepth discussions later in a new subject area, (I.E. you come across someones idea or suggestion in this topic area that you have some info to contribute, and then start a new forum subject called by that suburbs name).

Any suburb suggestions will be greatly appriciated by those just starting out, and hopefully the more experianced, on knowing were to start there suburb profiling when they are in a posistion to invest, or ready to invest again. Keep an eye on the date of the posts.

You don’t have to be a pro, all you are doing is making a suggestion and passing on some info that has got your intersest. We can get to the nuts and bolts of the suburb in the suburbs own subject area post, hopefully with the help of the Pro’s, people that live in the area or anyone that has some info.

To recieve we must give.

[cowboy2]

Take Care
    and All The Best

Turnby

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Rito,

I have taken some interest in Hedland because it is generally always CF+! The median prices are between $200K to $260K, depending on construction! The population growth is constantly up and down depending on expansions and constructions of local mine sites, but with those come a general growing poppulation trend. The average rent yield is $280 per week with possible capital gain in the long term. Prices here have a ‘true value’ and a market value (like the rest of the country) but the difference here is more exagerated at times, and as long as you buy close to those values (say within $15 to 20K) you wont regret it. Prices do go up and down (a little) but are generally trending upwards.

The pilbara is gaining popularity because of its consistent CF+ rental returns (as well as the horrendous wages available up here). The fishing is great so there is the tourist market available here, which I believe, hasn’t been fully tapped into as yet!

There, got the ball rolling. Bring it on……[wink2]

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi Calvin,
    thanks for sharing your knowledge, but looking at the figures you provided the properties would not be cashflow +ve. Please tell me if I’ve misunderstood where you’re coming from.
    Thanks
    Landt.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Turnby

You have written same question under “General Property”. [confused2]

Read the replies there!

Jenny1

Profile photo of wix35wix35
    @wix35
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Jenny1:
    Profile photo of wix35wix35
    @wix35

Hard to find cf+ in WA poss in Withers Bunbury and Geraldton must admit to investing for cap gains therefore my pick is aparts in Rivervale along river near Perth. Best pick is ther Habtat building which is about to undergo major refurb which will pick up value PS I own one unit here .
    [aacool]

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Read replies to same question under “General Property”.

Jenny1

Profile photo of Jen1Jen1
    @jen1

Hi. This is my first visit to this site after reading Steve’s book – and I am impressed. I have to admit that I already have a -ve geared property (ouch) but am looking to rectify my situation. I have been looking for properties in QLD so far with no luck. I would be interested in knowing whether anyone else has been able to find +ve properties in QLD.

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

hi tenby,
    nice try!!!!

i think i like the way you think….

all i can say is that after all busting my gut and enduring many sleepless days and nights doing research and self educationg myself on property locations. i would feel deflated if i had to give it all up to you just because you are new to this and want the lastest inside news on growth suburbs!

get on your bike and do the hard yards. beleive me its much more rewarding …..Just Do It!

gotta be cruel to be kind..[biggrin]

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

ok ok,
    try this tenby,
    you pay for this service but well worth doing the research. i have constantly found myself refering to this site when looking for medians, growth areas etc…

http://www.propertyvalue.com.au

[cap]

Profile photo of bomandlouisabomandlouisa
    Participant
    @bomandlouisa

I agree on Hedland. I own several propeties there and they were all already positive cashflow when I bought them.

Profile photo of TurnbyTurnby
    @turnby

Hutch Hutch Hutch,

Very disapointed mate! I like that you think you can buy every property in the world but trust me you won’t be able to. I was afraid people like you would try to ruin it for everybody. Just for your sake I will try to explain it a bit clearer. Lets say for example that you buy a place at …… or two or three you are going to eventually run out of money or do the smart thing like diversafying eventually. So I don’t think that when this accurs that it is going to hurt anyone other than yourself by keeping it to yourself.

Also hopeing that we could keep this area clean for suburb suggestions and if you want to make a statement than start a new subject under that suburbs name for e.g. a suggestion was made on Hedland and now there is a topic called Hedland where you can change ideas as much as you like.

All The Best Guys

Turnby

“To recieve we must give”

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974

Hi Turnby,

In SE Queensland you could try the following:
    – Beenleigh
    – Inala
    – Goodna
    – Ipswich
    – Logan (generally)
    – Teviot Downs (in Beausdesert shire)

Or if you want to get an ok return with no risk, just put your moey in Easy Street Financial Services online account. They pay 5.65%p.a. paid monthly. No fees. Money at call when you want it.$1,000 min. balance.

Good luck with investing.[biggrin]

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Goodnas crime is still high. Ipswich is $185k buys $185/wk rent soi one for one which is 5% return……..not good!! Beenliegh good and growing.
    Logan Central area, hot and getting hotter.
    Inala has too many weatherboard houses and no new infrastructure.
    Teviot Downs I havent heard of Please please please tell us more.

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974

Teviot Downs is out near North Maclean. It’s about 45mins from Brisbane. I found a website below of people doing a development there. It has a map & tells you features of the commuity, eg, shops, schools, etc. Acerage seems to start from $155,000 with average of $179,000.

http://www.teviotdowns.com.au/default.htm

I had a friend who bought about 5 acres + small 3 bedroom house for $170,000. From what I can gather, most of his neighbours seem to work in labouring industry, or truck drivers, or in construction, etc…pretty solitary people who like the acerage lifestyle.

Hope this helps.[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of jparsonsjparsons
    @jparsons

Sorry to come in late, I have a property in the city settling in two weeks. I just sold it so that I can access the money tied up in it. This would appear to have been an excellent place to sell it.

Sold it for $120 000. Rents for $225 p/week. outgoings quite low.

There are still some of these kicking around in Brisbbane City. Mine sold before auction, but trust me, you can bargain in this market pretty heavy at the moment even though the returns are so good.

If your concern is capital growth and CF, this probably isn’t a good option. Top option for self-managed super funds and alike.

J.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

May be of interest – as these areas still provide positive (at least last time I researched).

WA
    Northam
    Merredin
    Karratha
    Pt Hedland
    Kalgoorlie
    Katanning
    Narrogin

Profile photo of TurnbyTurnby
    @turnby

Hi Everyone,

Lots of great ideas so far. I went to an invester club meeting and there seems to be a lot of interest in these North Qld towns –

QLD
    Blackwater
    Emerald
    Mouranbah
    Mt Isa
    Ayr
    Charters Towers

Some of these are mainly reliant on the mines, but from what I heard and seen is that the towns are haveing huge meetings with all the Town Planning experts around, and long time stayers on how to plan to use all the money that will be put back into the towns from this phenomenal mining boom we are in. I was reeding a stock brokers report saying that the mines always like to have a decade worth of stock to fall back on, and at the moment anything they dig up is shipped off. So once the mining boom is over there is still that need to stock pile aswell. I have heard from different sources of about fifteen to twenty years of strong mining activity. Which will intern give the towns with forsight time to plan for other industry and infostructure, to see that there grandchildren grow up in the same towns.

Just Thought I would pass that on, tell me what you guys think.

All The Best

Turnby

“To recieve we must give”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

J- That seems to be great for a capital city?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of wall avewall ave
    @wall-ave

Geez, give Turnby a go, he is asking for a bit of advice. I didn’t realise that this website was so secretive….What is the point of this website if you can’t ask fo help and try to get some answers.
    I am struggling to find +ive cash flow properties myself, but don’t have a go at Turnby for asking for help.

Good Luck mate, there are a few websites out there that will find the properties for you but for a $5,000 approx fee. Not sure if you are willing to pay up….i’m not.

[cigar]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.