All Topics / General Property / Jimboomba QLD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of TassTass
    Participant
    @tass

Hello , Can anyone out there give me any info on the areas of Jimboomba & Cedar Grove. We are relocating & are looking at possible acreage there . This would be to live in ,not as an IP.
    We really want to know if this would be a nice are to raise the family, low crime etc.

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi Tass,

I drive through Jimboomba every Thursday.

It’s a nice semi-rural area with reasonable amenities. Woolworths etc.

Not sure about the crime, as I am usually doing 80kmh as I pass through so there have never been any car-jacking attempts. [biggrin]

My boss lives there with her husband and 3 kids, she lets them roam free without worries. I think the eldest is 13 and the youngest 4.

It’s an area that’s growing, slowly, I have driven through it every Thursday for the last 4 years.

If you are buying as a PPOR I would strongly suggest you get somewhere connected to town water. When it does not rain lots of people I know pay to have water tankered in to fill up their tanks. And it does not rain MOST of the time.

There are some expensive areas $400K upwards and many more reasonable areas $200K and plenty of acreage blocks.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of alfamickalfamick
    Participant
    @alfamick

Hi Tass,

I agree with Nobleone – looks like an OK area, plenty of acreage around, but don’t have first-hand experience of crime rates etc.

I do however have first-hand experience of another acreage area – Karalee/Barellan Point. We love it there; 20km (as the crow flies) from the city, but feels like the country, very low crime etc., great primary school. We love our 2.5 acres! Check it out :-)

Mick

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

Tass, I believe there is a very large residential development going in about 5 mins from Jimboomba in a few years time. A small planned city of about 30-50,000 people? I dont know the details.

Jimboomba as an area has been held back by the Beaudesert district council. The reason being that Jimboomba has been itching to grow, but Beaudesert would rather development happen IN Beaudesert. I believe they have blocked attempts at growing the commercial area and could have done more to secure a high school which would have been perfect for the area.

Though, I believe attitudes are changing as I think they are realising that within Jimboomba growing, Beaudesert will not grow either.

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

Oh, and as for Crime. I dont believe it’s a problem. I think it’s too far away from anything. Not near the city or rail.

Profile photo of TassTass
    Participant
    @tass

Thanks to everyone who replied .
    I appreciate the input and will definately check out the other areas suggested .
    Cheers [biggrin]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.