All Topics / Overseas Deals / Rental Return / Capital Gain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BornfreeBornfree
    Participant
    @bornfree

Firstly awesome site and looking forward to learning from you all.

I have just bought my first IP and feel like I am in my first year at school with heaps to learn.

I am also new to NZ, so my choice of location was based on impulse and the area was cheaper.

I just bought an IP for 200K with a rental appraisal done at 300 PW. Area is Mangere East. It seems as thought the market is slowing down so I thought I would go for the rental return as apposed to the Capital Gain.

Have I made the right decision ??

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi Bornfree,

Looking into my crystal ball [sultan]… I would say that time will tell. [rolleyesanim]

Seriously though, you have made your first move and purchased so well done. [thumbsupanim]

So long as you are confortable with the current cash flow I can’t see you having too many troubles.

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

P.S. Welcome to the forum…

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Bornfree.

Yeah I agree. Well done for getting into the market. Seems like you have the right attitude.If you keep an open mind and stay willing to learn new ideas and keep your mind open to new opportunities you will do very well.
    Remain flexible and keep your eyes open.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974
    I just bought an IP for 200K with a rental appraisal done at 300 PW.

Salespeople are great at offering blue sky rental appraisals. Do you know if you can actually rent for $300/wk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.