All Topics / Overseas Deals / certificate to renovate???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BillyTBillyT
    Participant
    @billyt

Hi everyone,

I am looking at returning to nz to complete some house relocations and some major renos.
    I want to know if anyone knows if I or the person completing the work need to have a building certificate or other qualification.
    Some of the work involved will be things such as deckings, carports, adding rooms and relocations.

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hi

The work you have described is major and you will find you will need permits from your local council. To get your permit on conpletion it will be inspected and if the work is not up to standard it will not get your permit and when you go to sell the property if it does not have permits for the new work it would be impossible to sell.

I highly reccommend using a master builder for all contruction work that way you are covered and the work will be up to standard. The same goes for electricians and plumbers. Also just as a final note if anything goes wrong you will probably find you would not be insured unless all the work was completed by a registered professional.

Hope this helps.

Trish Clark

Profile photo of BillyTBillyT
    Participant
    @billyt

thanks clark.

But if i do the work myself with other unqualified friends, do i need to get a owner-builder permit, i.e article page 48 API November 2004.

Billy T

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.