Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

Thanks debbrad,

I was a Fitter before I steped into Arboriculture and have some great contacts over west and was keeping an eye on the market after I had visited, I had been considering jumping into a mine though I prefer the out doors…Maybe I could consider a FIFO for a while and sus it all out???

I’ve just written a piece which I am offering to email to newbies on finding ++CF-IP’s though didnt include suggesting canvasing the movements of mining corps, I also keep an eye on what big corps are doing as i see so do others on this site so as to be aware of where people might move and where money is being injected…

Thanks for your post reply, wil keep an eye on this thread as i consider myself by nature to be a West Aussie and would love to have a solid reason to frequent that beautiful “little” state…

I was there for a month 2 year ago as part of a business scoping trip to assess the viability of establishing a RTO in the Arb industry and for a very large Powerline Vegetation Mngmnt Co. and for my own Company looking at the expansion of the Arb industry due to the relinquishing of Vegetation Managment by Western Power AND looking at the future deregulation and therefore privitisation of the powerline industry in W.A.. To much head hunting and scape goating going on for it to be viable in my eyes so backed away THOUGH I am sure this and activity like this could have an affect on some housing areas…Hhhmmmm, even if one were to aproach the big Arb co’s offering to house their guys in areas remote? Just thinking out loud…

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Profile photo of debbraddebbrad
    Participant
    @debbrad

We went to South Hedland to see the house we bought. Most of the houses in South Hedland seem to be old fibro houses on poles with iron roofs. Some are quite run down and ugly looking. Others have been painted and maintained quite well. Ours is in the later catagory. There was a beautiful tropical garden front and back and a huge below ground pool. The owner has been upgrading the inside – new kitchen and new tiles in bathroom, new paint throughout. 3 small bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one open lounge dining area. So for this we are paying $310,000. The real estate agent predicts a rent of $550 – $575. She has a list of companies wanting to rent houses and thinks this one will go fast. I surprised to find there are 3 people who carry out pre purchase building inspections in the area, one electrician who does electrical inspections, 2 pest companies for white ant checks. So 9.2% rental return already and South Hedland should get better.
    It has a huge new shed, very cyclone proof and it has a cyclone shelter. I have never seen one before but apparently quite a few people have them. With the houses being so old it is probably a good idea. If people are interested I will keep you up to date with our progress in the South Hedland property investment market. The agent did say she is getting numerous property investors from over East phoning about the South Hedland market.
    It is a strange town to try to describe to someone who has never been up North. It is a red dusty town with plenty of old houses and a few new houses being built too.
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

Thanks debbrad!

Look forward to more of your posts, I remember the huge red roos over there we saw as a kid!

Sincerely, Jarrah

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

@jarrah

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/22521/2.html?sortfield=&sortorder=

A relevant link i think…

Sincerely, Jarrah

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Profile photo of nelsjrnelsjr
    @nelsjr

G’day,
    Interesting to follow the Hedland forum, I’ve worked and lived there for the last 4 years.
    Key Points:
    – property managers are inexperienced and manage too many properties (often feels like they have only done a weekend accreditation) – commonly bored partners of mining/business professionals
    – there can be significant termite problems
    – engineering inspection is near impossible to coordinate (no one within at least 200km)
    – if a big cyclone comes right through town, anything older than 15 years is probably not built to a cyclone rating 5 standard and would be likely to suffer damage
    – many professionals refuse to live in South Hedland
    – Gina Hopes project has been bought by Pilbara Iron – benefits will flow through to Karratha
    – FMG is still some distance away from breaking ground
    – BHPB expansion may actually result in fewer Hedland based employees as significant facilities (crushing) are likely to be moved inland over the next few years.
    – South Hedland is considerably less desirable than Port Hedland and is subject to significantly higher rates of break ins and petty crime.
    – GEHA or BHPB tenants in the property are great (as are many of the dependent companies) however there is something like 30-40% homeswest houses in South Hedland. Imagine 3-4 out of ten houses in your street that are poorly maintained with ‘poorly mannered’ occupants
    – nursing home currently being relocated to South Hedland, Hospital to follow in a couple of years – this will further enhance Port Hedland by removing negative aspects of this buildings.
    – Capital growth has been significant in both Port and South, though there will be great rent for quality/manager homes for many years to come.
    Summary,
    Go up there and see the town, meet property managers, do your due diligence.
    Cheers
    Jimbob

@jarrah

Great help thanks mate, just yesterday was doing a search on similar projects and memory jolted to call a client in Melbourne who have a company maintaining data bases for pilot exploration companies all over the world and more exstensively in Australia some great info from them should be interesting used to get invited round for bbq’s and lunches…

Sincerely, Jarrah

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.