All Topics / Help Needed! / UK property – contacts?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of scarlett79scarlett79
    @scarlett79

Hi all

I’m an Australian currently living in London on a work permit. Have been here for 3 years and after 1.5 years procrastinating, have decided my path to financial freedom lies in property investing.

I havent purchased anything yet but have been looking and doing some research.

I’ve established a few contacts over here but was wondering if anyone could recommend any other trusted contacts they have in the UK in any field (eg sourcers, mortgage brokers, letting agents etc).

Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks
    KM

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Hi Scarlett,
    Plenty of valuable UK information:
    Here

Regards, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of TorachanTorachan
    @torachan

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind…?showtopic=6640

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum%5Bbaaa%5D

Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any variation is a bad thing

Profile photo of Free_RangeFree_Range
    @free_range
    Profile photo of BouncingBennyBouncingBenny
    Participant
    @bouncingbenny

I’ve just come back from 4 weeks in the UK, and I’m due to return in a few weeks time. While I was there I saw lots of ads for property investment seminars etc in the newspapers – even the Metro – that look interesting. They’re not hard to find if you have a poke about. [cap]

Profile photo of LainyLainy
    @lainy

Hi, I’m from London and havelived in Melbourne for a year now and have thre investment properties thereon a buy to let basis.
    I have used Mortgage Express for our loans. A friend of mine has 25 properties and has used Paragon who will look at you and your history as a landlord.
    What ever you do beware of tie-in penalties. I am trying to get out of one of mine and Mortgsge Express have built in an arbitary 6 month interest payback clause if this property is sold within three years.
    If you need some more help, don’t hesitate to ask.
    Lainy

Profile photo of scarlett79scarlett79
    @scarlett79

Thanks for all your advice. I’m actually going to a Russ Whitney 3 day course next weekend which I think should be good. Followed friend’s recommendations and have also seen their advertisement in the Metro. Have also seen some other companies who are apparently turn out to be nothing more than what Steve calles “all hype no substance” seminars.

I’m not planning on focusing on London as its way out of my price range plus does not return the yields I’m looking for. This does make it hard though as London is my local market and where i spend most of my time. Looking up north for properties is quite difficult due to time constraints (as well as not having my own transport!) thus will be relying on sourcers for the time being.

Lainy, are your properties all in London itself?

Profile photo of DebbiewalshDebbiewalsh
    @debbiewalsh

Scarlett,
    My husband and I are Whitney students living in the Northwest of UK. We attended the 3 day fundamentals in October the speaker was Kevin Green. We signed up to the platinum package and have since been on a few bootcamps. Two weeks ago we went on the Lease options course this was absolutely mind blowing and if you do nothing else I would strongly recommend you attending this one. We are currently waiting for our visas and will hopefully be going to Adelaide just after Xmas. Have you visited the Whitney forum? Just a word of warning many of the people posting on there are not Whitney students and therefore just beware, having said that there are good honest people amongst them too. We were in Burnley last Thurs & Fri there is a lot of property available there in the low end of the market. If you want to email us feel free we will try to help as best we can. You can reach us at [email protected]
    Best of luck Debbie and Gavin Walsh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.