All Topics / General Property / The Great House Price Crash 2005?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of OSiennaOSienna
    @osienna

This program was aired in the UK on BBC2 Friday 4th March 2005. Don’t dismiss it because it’s about the UK property market. There are a lot of similarities between the Aussie market and the UK’s. In fact, some even think that we’re 6 months ahead of the UK in terms on property trends.

The Great House Price Crash 2005?
    Fri 4 Mar, 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm 30mins

For a nation obsessed by the property market it’s our worst possible nightmare – the spectre of falling prices.

After almost a decade of relentless price increases, the housing market finally seems to be cooling. New mortgage approvals by lenders have been falling; arrears amongst borrowers are rising; and most experts agree that prices are indeed heading downwards.

The only real area for debate is whether the housing market will simply stagnate, a so-called soft landing, or whether it will plummet, a hard landing. The Money Programme investigates.

For those who are interested you can download the segment from the following websites:

67Mb version:
    Link 1 or
    Link 2

8Mb version for Dialup users (still watchable):
    Link 1 or
    Link 2

For Bit Torrent users:
    BT Link

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Oh golly. I find it interesting that the UK is in such a similar state to ourselves. I notice you’ve said that we may be ‘6 months ahead of the UK’ – why do we only ever hear stories in the media of flat or stagnating house prices?
    Out of interest, have the Brits lost their passion for renovation / auction / developer tv shows? I notice that despite the return of ratings season these shows have evaporated here!
    An interesting find. Thanks for the link
    F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of scarlett79scarlett79
    @scarlett79

Nope, those renovation/property buying shows have definitely not dried up over here in the UK yet! You can still regularly view them every week on pay tv and on terrestrial tv there are still a couple of programs each week.

Everyone was expecting an interest rate rise in the last few weeks but it didnt end up happening. If its true we are 6 months behind Oz then perhaps one is looming this year?

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Interesting however I still believe that QLD will be strong for us in Aus. The Bris to Gold Hwy will house another 1 million people over the next 10 years which to me means growth.

Is there such an area inthe UK where this growth is reported. Some one some where is always making money in real eastate, the rich follow the trend while the poor focus in the wrong areas IMHO.

Qld is warm and sunny with beautiful beaches and a coast line to die for. Migration and immagration are also strong. So my opinion is throw away those wollen jumpers and head down to the best country (and safe) in the world.

regards Phil …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.