All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentor’s???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SnowySnowy
    Participant
    @snowy

Hi everybody,

I’m still pretty new at this posting, but read them all the time. Always enjoy the questions and comments.

I am just wondering how do you get a mentor in this game.

I know Steve & Dave would have been great people for the job, but they are very busy and have done it all before, and have written about it in their book.

But the question is how do you find a person that is willing to help and give you the time of day?

Any comments would be great.

Thanks for reading [gossip]

Snowy [suave2]

Snowy | Cre8tiv Home Styling
    http://cre8tivhomestyling.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Which State are you in snowy?

Cheers Richard
    richard at castlewhite.com.au
    Email me for details of our Qld wrap service.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by Snowy:
    But the question is how do you find a person that is willing to help and give you the time of day?

What do you mean Snowy??? You have our undivided attention right at this moment!!! [biggrin]

Why settle for just one mentor, when there is such a vast array of experience, skill levels and different types of investors each with their own individual style than can help you, and that you can choose from!!! [thumbsupanim]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of SnowySnowy
    Participant
    @snowy

Hi Richard,

I live in the Snowy Area in NSW.

Jo,
    Good point, as there are so many different talents around that they all have different experience in the different areas of property.

I guess I’m trying to understand it all.[blush2]

Somebody you can ask questions and not feel like an idiot, but will push you when it’s needed.
    Pointing you in the right direction, that sort of thing.[dead2]

Hope that helps Jo.

Thanks for your replies.

Snowy

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hey Snowy,

I guess you can’t really find that out until you ask the question. However, if anyone offers to help then that offer should IMO be honoured regardless of the nature of questioning. Sure there are some things that your mentor may not be versed on, but that does not give him/her the right to treat you (as you say) like “an idiot” NO ONE deserves that!!!

Don’t forget you can always ask us here, after all, there are heaps of people here that can at least shed some light on any questions; and don’t worry some of the answers can be as silly as the questions but then that’s half the fun!!![grin]

Good luck in your search. [biggrin]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Snowy

there are a lot of people on this forum who have had success through their investing. It appears your strategy is cash positive (from your member profile). I’d say read this forum and see where people who are making money are investing. But not everyone on this forum likes cash positive (eg Monopoly she buys for capital growth) so find someone here who is doing cash positive and read some of their posts it might help.
    Just as a big head start – if you want cash positive you will really struggle in OZ. Many people from this forum have been investing offshore in particular NZ since 2003 and have done very well (even Steve McKnight was investing in NZ then), Today opportunities are becoming harder to find there but they are still around.

Also read books especially the earlier books by Kiyosaki like “rich dad poor dad”.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand, for a fee find cash positive deals there, and now 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of SnowySnowy
    Participant
    @snowy

Thanks Jo & Westan,

It’s great to get some feedback, Thanks again for the tips.

I will keep on reading & learning.

Also when I have any questions I’ll post them on the forum. Thanks

Snowy [cool4]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.