All Topics / General Property / IPs in Canada

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of shar30441shar30441
    @shar30441

I am looking at investing in Canada and currently have a friend who has lived in Vancouver for the last 10 years looking into the feasibility etc for me. I’ve done a search here but there is not much information and just wondered if there is anybody out there in Australia or NZ who has invested in Canada who can enlighten me with any information or opinions.

I have read all the info on investing in US but assume the situation is probably different for Canada.

Shar

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I would like to buy there one day.

My wife is Canadian. You need a 35% deposit.

However a friend of my wifes family reckon now is the time to be selling not buying so he was no help for me. He also reckons the longer away you are the more they take advantage of you.

They dont have property managers like we do attached to estate agents so finding a property manager is difficult. I found one who does it as a weekend type thing.

Now i have decided to concentrate on Aussie only and may do something when my sister in law can go halves in something.

Profile photo of shar30441shar30441
    @shar30441

Thanks Yack

I’m hoping to go there in mid-June but am trying to get as much info as possible before then.

Shar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.