All Topics / Value Adding / sub divide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of pertpert
    Participant
    @pert

I’m currently looking at a double street frontage block approx 580m2. It has an old house on at the momment.Asking price is $329,000. Other blocks a stones throw away are fetching approx $310,000 to $340,000 in highly sought after seaside town,other blocks cannot be subdivided.
    I’m looking to demolish existing house and build at least two units on site. I’m prepared too invest $250,000 of my own money. Do you think this situation is plausible and has anyone got any constructive comments?

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

First look at the local council’s website in planning & development sections. I have seen most metro councils wanting at least 300sqm per dwelling.

Profile photo of streetwisestreetwise
    @streetwise

agree with Woodsman, in WA governed by strict residential coding and subdividing 560m2 would be difficult…

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

I agree with the previous posts, but corner sites are more efficient as both properties can have street frontages and you may not need to waste space on a driveway down the side of the block to get to the second unit.

First port of call (being a sea side block) is the townplanning department of the local council. They will give you an idea of what is possible.

Then see a local architect who should understand the local planning regulations well

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of blueboysblueboys
    Participant
    @blueboys

pert.
    sounds great if a sub div is poss. i agree check with council. points of discharge for storm water can create problems depending on angle of block, council can help you with this.
    [bonjour]

g. granland

Profile photo of Smithy29Smithy29
    @smithy29

Why don’t you just subdivide the land and sell it to a developer or someone who wants to build. There are too mant problems dealing with builders. If the other blocks around it can not subdivided and it is a great location you get fetch a great price for each subdivision. You could then use your 250,000 as deposits on on many other properties like this without the stress and headaches of building

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.