All Topics / Value Adding / Developer Charges

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of rocket2rocket2
    @rocket2

Hi all, just a question about developer charges levied by Hunter Water. We purchased an old caravan park that was sitting on 7 torrens titled blocks. The park has been removed and we want to build 1 house on each block, Hunter Water has asked for a developers charge of around $25,000 plus the cost of actually installing the sewer main to each block (about another $15,000 for all of them by my plumber) Looking at the information they sent me it explains that it is because of the extra capacity i will be putting on the system etc.
    They are calling it major works but it only involves a straight run of about 75m of sewer main. When it was still a caravan park it had an old residence, 8 sewered sites and an amenities block. We paid the water bill at a commercial rate, so my question is do i have any chance of reducing the developer charge due to the fact that the site already had the system loaded with the 8 sewered sites, the residence and the amenities block. All your feedback is greatly appreciated, CHEERS Rod.

Profile photo of delboydelboy
    @delboy

If all eight sites were already sewered you shouldn’t have to re-run the sewers to the actual sites. You should only have to cover your plumbers costs of re-running them on each.

Delboy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.