All Topics / General Property / Bank from hell ..which bank????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi having a whinge again,

The story thus far..I have investment properties that are doing ok and recently I found a few properties that I got dirt cheap. [biggrin]

So off to my friendly broker and sign appplication forms, for which bank including all salary slips rates notice[baaa]etc. Waiting patiently for valuers after nearly 3 weeks do me the injustice of a kerbside valuation which comes in too low…(since found out one of IP’s,valued at $317,000)[angry2]

Rebook valuers to do full valuation on both properties (more time wasted, more extentions to contract) one of the valuations came back $380,000 [confused2].

Thought everything cruisy which bank is now finally happy, then now asked for another payslip!!!

Time that has passed is now 4 weeks.

Does anyone have a horror story to cheer me up?

Jenny1

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hi Jenny1,

Stick with it. Every home loan we’ve done has some kind of “glitch” in it. Most are annoying little things, but it’s such a regular occurence now that it just seems a normal part of property investing!

Hang in there.
    PK

Profile photo of cruisercruiser
    Participant
    @cruiser

Hi Jenny. Sounds like just a few minor hitches there. Yes, I have a real horror story, involving using a buyers agent who didn’t do her job properly, bought IP 3 flats remote Qld town, building reports OK, have subsequently spent thousands of dollars on doing needed repairs; plus, one tenant broke her lease early and put in replacement tenants from hell who trashed the place; made insurance claim which covered most of it; finally, no real estate agent wants to manage the flats so I have to get it done privately.
    If you ask me, you sound like you’re doing great!

Cruiser

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Hi its ezy[buz2]
    I also found kerbside valuer…yuk…
    always ask for full inspection , its saves time .
    As you already have a good idea of the value , always ask for a valuer who is experianced in the field …some times they send out a boy to do a mans job …if you know what I mean.
    [ezy] would never do that I would send a woman.[gorgeous]

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you Guys and Girls
    for your thoughts. You are right need to hang in there. Just heard that I will hear by Monday (at least I will know!). Watch this space [biggrin]

Jenny1

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Patience is a virtue. Well I reckon waiting for this one and the next deals will be much smoother because you’ve paid your “dues”.

Have you tried the Premium Financial Services of “which bank” instead of a broker?

Insofar as a horror story purchase, try 5 extensions of settlement as we tried in vain to get finance through a broker for a serviced apartment. Not the broker’s fault, just the current position of finacial institutions.

Nil illegitimo desparandum carberundum – don’t let the bastards wear you down.

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.