All Topics / Help Needed! / A mate of mine needs some help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of techhowsetechhowse
    @techhowse

A mate of mine has a problem with the real estate agent. The thing is he should be getting like let’s say 300 p/w but in calculation before any taxes or any fees he’s getting less than he should be!

We want to go and complain and claim his money back that they intentionally miscalculated..
    but if he does he’s worried the real estate people might evict the tenants.

My mate and I would appreciate any constructive advice.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Well a Real eEstate Agent cannot evict any tenants against the landlords wishes so ease your mates mind over that one.

I don’t really understand the problem, are you saying they promised $300 pw rent and are now getting less?

Can you explain it better?

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of techhowsetechhowse
    @techhowse
    Originally posted by Mortgage Hunter:

Well a Real eEstate Agent cannot evict any tenants against the landlords wishes so ease your mates mind over that one.

I don’t really understand the problem, are you saying they promised $300 pw rent and are now getting less?

Can you explain it better?

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Ok here it is as follows:

Let’s say my mate should get $300 p/w rent from the tenant, the tax invoice from the real estate agent states that the rent is calculated for 4 weeks @ $300 p/w so in total he should be getting $1200 ($300*4) but before any taxes and any fees are calculated, he is getting $1100?!? (pretax).

Make it know that the real estate people’s calculations are intentional, It has happened since the purchase of the property way back in 2002, so it is very urgent that my mate acts now before he might not be able to claim back his cash. My mate went to complain once and they just gave him this, “you already have good tenants, what more do you want?”

Here’s an example in Microsoft Excel:
    http://aa.1asphost.com/hkmp3/my%20mates%20invoice.xls

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Does he have a copy of the lease agreement showing it is $300 pw?

He should speak to the Principal of the agency. If dissatisfied he needs to go to the Dept of Fair Trading and/or the Real Estate Institute in your state.

Let us know how he goes.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

So to be clear – do the invoices say $300 p/w from rent and he is only getting $1100 into his bank account? or do the invoices state only $1100 rent?

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

BTW – I was part of the MAP Program and am more than happy to answer and questions/comments you may have – Happy Investing…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.