All Topics / Forum Frolic / This is nothing to do with anything much except cu

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

Hi All, Newbie here. If I had anything earthshattering to post about PI I would, but I don’t so I won’t. Just wanted to share an experience my wife had when trying to open a bank account for 15 yo daughter. Went to our local branch of that West…. whatever, used to be Bank of NSW. Wife is a customer/ account holder there… told to come back tommorrow because they are too busy … ok so my 15yo’s $20 account isn’t going to move Westwhatevers share price, but what sort of PR message does it send to my daughters generation.(Not to mention my wife being treated like <edited> by her bank where we are not actually in debit, we are in credit) Seems they seek customers in debit rather than credit.

Bottom line .. didn”t bother “coming back tommorow”‘ to Westwhatever, walked 2 blocks up the road and 15yo’s student account was welcomed with open arms by that Whichbank.

Point is.. Who has had a positive PR/Advertising effect on the people that are goiing to run the country when we all retire to our sea change

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Good point,

All the people doing the big deals will soon hand over their cash to…………

Yup, the younger generation.

Good indicator of the focus that must come from management to the customer level.

Look after the future “or” focus on the current big money deals.

I think it was Robert Kiyosaki who said ” It’s the little deals that make the big deals”

hmmmm.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

I used to work for a bank and any teller, sorry Custome Service Officer, that didn’t reffer or open directly an account was councelled.

Having siad that, our focus was on getting info to our managers to follow up on potential business/personal lending leads! So, yes, they do tend to focus on people that have loans as they make the bank money! Surprisingly, non lending customers cost the banks money! Funny that. Unless of corse you have Big Bucks in the bank.

My manager would have no hesitation in closing a customers account if they were $50 or $100k in credit. He wanted loans as they make the money!

Cheers

C@34

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.