All Topics / Help Needed! / investing in the US

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of pulse69pulse69
    @pulse69

Hi,
    I am interested in investing in US property. Can anyone tell me what the obstacles to this are? how do you go about it? What taxes do you have to pay?
    thanks
    Martin

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

OMG.

This is another done to death topic.

Quiggle (please excuse my wrong spelling here) has done an amazing blow by blow if you need info. I don’t think anyone can add to that experience.

Do a search for the thread, I don’ thave it handy sorry.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Martin

while i agree that Quiggles story is well worth reading, i disagree that the topic is done to death (byronet). One or two threads isn’t done to death.

The USA market is huge the population is 15 times that of Australia. There are over 50 cities with more than a million people so we are talking a huge market, and 12 cities with more than 4 million people (the size of Melbourne and Sydney) There are so many differences even better States in the United States.

Martin what sort of info would you like to know ? I’m happy to share what i know but don’t want to do a massive effort like Quiggles.

Have a read of quiggles story and if you have other questions please ask.

The biggest issue in the states i believe is finding the right people to work with over there. I’ve made 2 trips in the past 3 months meeting up with potential people and sadly many of them are ones i will not be working with. Like the real estate agent in Texas who said this city is so dangerous you have to carry a gun – he then who pulled the gun out of his pocket. Sadly a lot of people have deep prejudice (not unlike us Australians) and the way they behave reflect this. By the way this city was not bad at all and i meet heaps of people there who wouldn’t dream of carrying a gun and had never felt threatened.
    Having said that about people i wouldn’t work with , i’ve also meet some outstanding people who i am doing business with.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.