All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / New Forum Suggestion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of DanTheManDanTheMan
    @dantheman

Hi All,

I have a suggestion for a new forum, hopefully the powers that be will read this post. My suggestion is “Opportunities”, and it is a place people can post actual investment opportunities. It may be they are looking for a debt or equity partner, or maybe they just spotted a great opportunity, and don’t have the time or resources to follow it up.

I know this will lend itself to people advertising thier own property, but at the end of the day, so what? If you have a whole other forum for it, it won’t polute the other posts.

I think there would be a huge calling for a single forum that presents a few good investment opportunities, and it would be a great place for people with different skills and resources to get together.

Just a thought.

Dan.

The most important thing is to make the most important thing, the most important thing.

Anon.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

You might get into trouble with licensing on that one.

Not sure though.

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of DanTheManDanTheMan
    @dantheman

Licensing what? I am not suggesting anyone acts as an agent. No one would be taking a fee, or claiming expertise in anything, people would it could just be a good forum for perspective business partners to meet. You’re allowed to stick an ad in the paper, why not a post on the internet?

Dan.

The most important thing is to make the most important thing, the most important thing.

Anon.

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Hi Dan,

It’s a great suggestion, but because of ASIC’s requirements of people making public offerings (among other issues), it’s potentially very dangerous territory and something we like to keep clear of.

It’s these sorts of issues which lead to our decision not to allow advertising on the forums.

Brent

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Dan,

There’s a “Caveat Emptor” section on somersoft.com where you can advertise properties. Many users of this Forum also visit the Somersoft Forum and vice versa. Check it out.

Personally, I reckon there’s plenty of spam to deal with on this forum, with people advertising their wares and services anyhoo. I like seeing it as a discussion place, without people utilising it as a place to profit. I think it encourages people to actually contribute for its own sake if people aren’t flogging something off. I’ve seen a lot of people come in here, use the Forum as a launchpad, advertise their book or seminar, then disappear when their book/seminar sells enough- that’s not “community” to me.

You can always add a signature link at the bottom of your posts with an email link to your service or url for properties.

kay henry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.