All Topics / General Property / Affect of proximity to rail to property prices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

When people say to look for infrastructure and it’s future development when purchasing a property I wonder about the details. As a daily commuter to the big city, I get to see alot of properties for sale along the rail line. I was just wondering what sort of affect being close or near a rail line had. Positive or negative, decreasing or increasing certain distances from the train.

For example, a property which has been on the market for a couple of months now, a hospital AND developing university(10k+ students) within 3 minutes drive and a smallish shopping center 2 mins away. MAJOR shopping center 10 mins away. BUT, it’s a 30 second WALK to the train station. The noise from the train & perhaps crime can hardly make the property appealing to many people.

So im hmmm’ing at the moment about this. [hmmm]

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Close to a train line is good, however a general rule is anything less than 300m from tracks or a station negatively affects a property.
    I used to live across the road from a small station and the ferals, gutter crawlers and scum eventually drove me to the brink of a homicidal campaign against those who had made it their second home.

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974

Unannounced…maybe you should buy the property and pay g7 to manage the property & take care of any problems for you. [axe]

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

How about for rental value?

Would being that close be a good or bad thing?

I would think for people without cars it would be nice. Though, the noise still could be a pain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.