All Topics / Heads Up! / Investment detective

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of 2filthy2filthy
    Participant
    @2filthy

Hey all,

Just thining of purchasing Steve’s investment detective. Has anybody bought it yet? Can I assess property from outside Aussie or is it Aussie specific?

Appreciate any assistance

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi

Yes you can evaluate a property from any country, it is after all just numbers. You must remember that ID doesnot know about exchange rates and the tax and duty will have to be looked up from the specific countries government web sites.

Hope this helps

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Author of Investment Detective

Profile photo of 2filthy2filthy
    Participant
    @2filthy

Thanks Philip.

I’d bought ID and now looking foward to assessing/purchasing some props! Cheers

2filthy

Profile photo of bcgraham26236bcgraham26236
    Participant
    @bcgraham26236

I bought Investment Detective when it was first released. I’ve found it useful to keep a detailed record of my properties. However, I think as the program stands at the moment it is a bit too limited to be relied upon to evaluate a property prior to purchase. Sure, it can do the sums on the basics, but it is up to us as clever investors to make an educated decision on a property purchase. There are so many variables, not to mention the potential of a property for future growth in value that no software could calculate. You can’t beat that gut feeling.

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi

You’re absolutly right, there is no substitute for being informed and educated about your investing (or anything else). ID is designed to do math quickly and let you see several properties side by side and help with that gut feeling. If you have 50 properties to choose from, its a great way to weed out the good from the bad and concentrate your efforts on the final few.

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Author of Investment Detective

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.