All Topics / Value Adding / How? Research and Do 1st Comm. Development

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of busymumbusymum
    Participant
    @busymum

Hello everyone,

I am new to all this, but am interested in finding out the process of Commercial Development. Is there anyone out there that knows of any books that are specific to commercial development? Rough cost estimates of Commercial/Wharehouse Developments per sqm?? Need to start gathering some data so can do some rough back of fag packet calcs!![biggrin] Then can decide if the new property purchased is worth developing.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

I have done quite a few ( 20+) commercial developments over the years.

It is definately not for the beginner and the fact that you are asking the type of questions that you are asking suggest that maybe you should start with a simpler type of development.

In many ways building a commercial property is easier than building a house but the commercial property market is very different the residential market and you generally need more money to become involved in commercial properties.

Start with something less challenging and less risky.

You may learn a bit at http://www.metropoleprojects.com.au and check out investors learing centre

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

I’ll sit down with big John and get all the details and contacts off him, he’ll probably end up doing the lot for us.

Then we’ll go through it all and make a gameplan when I get home…see ya soon.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of jgray1982jgray1982
    @jgray1982

For a costing guide, try Cordells.

For residential try:

Cordell Housing – Building Cost Guide

For Commercial try:

Cordell – Commercial & Industrial – Building Cost Guide

This book is released via Reed Construction Data and is a very useful document for the going rates or building materials and costs of particular building methods.

Good Luck

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.