All Topics / General Property / Renter Forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of coppergcopperg
    Participant
    @copperg

Hi All,

Anyone out there know of a few good forum sites where”Renters” congregate??? (Or aren’t they that organised as a group???)

GC

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

why would you want to congregate?

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

The Tenants Tribunal !!! [blush2]

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

Yeah, im thinking that’s a no.

People generally congregate on topics that they enjoy or interest them, like a sport or something that serves their self interest – like property investing!

Being a tenant is a state of not having enough money or financial stability to purchase a house[for the majority]. Generally not something people see as being their choice, thus a bad thing. It’d be like a forum for people with bad teeth, or a gimpy leg.

The question almost borders very slightly on being offensive. It’s like asking ‘Do you know of a good forum where poor people congregate’. But that’s looking into things too much.[blink][biggrin]

@monopoly

Unannounced,

There is nothing wrong with being a renter; they don’t deserve any less respect than any other person in here, and even the most seasoned of property investors you’ll find were more than likely renting at some point in their lives (myself included).

I was just having a lend of copperg, no harm meant; just my twisted sense of humour.[blush2]

There are many investors here who don’t own or are paying off their own homes; but instead they choose to rent, saving the difference between rent paid and mortgage repayments to put towards building their portfolio.

There is no specific “renters” forum that I am aware of, but they are welcome as much here as in Somersoft or any other property investment forum. [biggrin]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

I pretty much gathered you weren’t being terribly serious Monopoly. [rolleyesanim]

More so a comment on topic. But hey, Im sure I could find something not to like about you. (Bush supporter? [biggrin]) Official enemies! [thumbsupanim]

Back on topic. Being a renter it is almost a silly question. Though obviosuly not every one has rented and sees things from that point of view.

@monopoly
    Originally posted by unannounced:
    More so a comment on topic. But hey, Im sure I could find something not to like about you. (Bush supporter? [biggrin]) Official enemies! [thumbsupanim]

Sorry unannounced, I don’t think I quite get your meaning here (it’s late and I’ve had a long day, maybe I should read this in the morning). I don’t doubt that you could indeed find much to dislike about me; I am not so vain as to think that I will be everyone’s cuppa tea!!! [kiss]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of coppergcopperg
    Participant
    @copperg

Well you’re a helpful lot…..

The various Investor & Housing groups have got the State Govt shaken up a bit on the new Land Tax & Stamp Duty on Sales, issue.

Just thought I might throw a “snake in the hen house” and make the renters aware that “Dodgy Bob” & his bungling mates will be raising their rents substantially over and above what would have otherwise been the norm (by probably $10 to $50 pw over the next 12-18mths, depending on land value) due to his money grabbing legislation.

About 35% of the population rent, I’d estimate probably 70% of general rental properties would be “Mum & Dad” investors who probably previously didn’t pay Land Tax.

What happens when the cost of oil goes up?? The motorist pays. What happens when the cost of anything goes up?? The end consumer pays.
    It isn’t going to be different in this senario. The Renters will get it in the neck as rents will rise significantly because of it.

You might like to e-mail & agitate (Inform) a few renters and word might spread and get back to the Government from the other side of the fence.

There’s a big renter/voter market out there that could also lean on the government.

This isn’t meant to be a political comment.
    It just happens to be a NSW Labor Govt that’s screwing the general population and NSW in general from what I can see of late.javascript:insertsmilie(‘[grrr]’)
    Grrr [grrr]

We don’t need these clowns interfering in the property market. You’re probably all aware of what Federal Labor attempted in the mid 80’s and had to reverse due to public outcry (Screwed their own voters then, also, by creating a housing shortage)

P.S. I’ve got an even better one that I’ll post later over the weekend on the NSW Govts changes to OH&S. It looks innocuous but it’s being toted as the most “Evil” peice of legislation that any Western World Govt has come up with lately. And again, it captures virtually every voter in NSW. Landlords & Property Developers will be totally exposed. Some of you may be aware of it but most aren’t and dosen’t seem to be in the Forum.

Cheers GC

GC

@monopoly

I hear you copperg!!!

Lucky for me I’m in Victoria; you can keep Bob all to yourself thanks very much, we have our own putz to deal with!!! [blush2]

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by unannounced:

It’d be like a forum for people with bad teeth, or a gimpy leg.

The question almost borders very slightly on being offensive. It’s like asking ‘Do you know of a good forum where poor people congregate’. But that’s looking into things too much.[blink][biggrin]

I find your comment absolutely offensive.

Besides, from a purely financial standpoint, most people would be far better off renting than buying at present. Renters can already negotiate very good terms, and with the glut of rental properties in major & capital cities, this will not significantly change.

What happens when the cost of oil goes up?? The motorist pays. What happens when the cost of anything goes up?? The end consumer pays.
    It isn’t going to be different in this senario. The Renters will get it in the neck as rents will rise significantly because of it.

err,… nope.
    Oil goes up because demand is exceeding supply (real or percieved constraint). The motorist pays more because they are prepared to pay more, generally because there is no alternate source of product. The opposite is happening with rental property – If the mum & dad investors raise rents, the consumers will go elsewhere. They also have a great deal of leverage when rent bargaining as the landlords you speak of have so much to lose in the event of renters moving on (given they have often secured the investment loan against the family home [wacko])

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.