All Topics / Opinionated! / ANZ Online Saver account

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi,

Yesterday I got letter from ANZ saying 5.30% interest rate account. I have already open an account with them today. I think it’s better than ING as they are paying .05% more interest and you can access to your money faster than ING.

Anyone else got letter from ANZ? Or opened this account?

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours

Profile photo of DragonsDragons
    @dragons

Hey Guru,

I haven’t received anything as yet…

Are there any fees involved? I’m with ING, but mainly for the fact that there’s no fees.

CHeers

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

there is no fee. may be u can ring 1800 670 522 to open account. On the letter they are saying to selected customers. one can use bpay also with this account.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours

Profile photo of DragonsDragons
    @dragons

you champ… thanks for that!

Profile photo of AEFAEF
    Participant
    @aef

Hi there,

Bankwest are offering 6.00 p/a at the moment at call over net in a similar way to ING. No fees.

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

Citibank are 5.4% and have been for a while. No fees.

Bankwest has 6% on a 12month honeymoon rate.

Profile photo of techhowsetechhowse
    @techhowse

so all in all what’s the best interest saver account?

I’m thinking of opening one with DragonDirect Direct Saver Account from St George… anyone have more info on it?

Profile photo of jimwhatjimwhat
    @jimwhat

The new ANZ Online Saver is a step closer for ANZ customers using Esanda Online Saver account. The benefit with ANZ Online Saver is instant access to the account enabling instant transfer of funds between both ANZ normal savings account and ANZ Online Saver.
    This seems to follow the pattern followed by Dragon Direct online saver account from St.George.

I like ANZ better in every aspect, and mainly in comparison to St.George (for the Customer Service quality)

Good luck with savings [specs]

Cheers,
    Jim

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi
    Originally posted by AEF:

Bankwest are offering 6.00 p/a at the moment at call over net in a similar way to ING. No fees.

Bankwest’s rate is actually 6.60% for the first 12 months. I just opened an account.

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of GoldCoastGirlGoldCoastGirl
    @goldcoastgirl

Are all these other internet based (online) saving accounts (similiar to ING) as easy to use and as secure as ING? I like how ING has a keypad that changes each time you want to login as well as will log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity… plus I don’t mind the time delay that ING has as it makes sure I really do want to use my savings.

Compared to ING are the others as easy to use? Plus do they allow you do download the statements into MYOB ?

:) Wishing everyone prosperity!
    Vanessa

http://www.goldcoastgirl.biz
    http://www.goldcoastgirl.info

Profile photo of DIPU_7318860DIPU_7318860
    @dipu_7318860

Hi Guru,
    Is it the Basic Saver from Anz ? If it’s basic saver and you withdraw money in a month then you don’t get Interest paid for that month?

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Hi Guys/Gals,
    I am new to the site and forum and read with interest all the info on cash/savings rates. Very informative.
    Personally, I have an I.N.G account, but haven’t contributed for some time (since property investing 5 years ago). I have a small cash reserve in the account which was there before the investments came along, and I haven’t touched it in 5 years.
    My belief is that while I have a mortgage (investment loan on properties) at a higher interest rate than the savings rate (and they always are), every dollar I put into the savings account is one dollar (and then some) less I can pay into the investment loan to reduce that debt.
    I realise that the interest on the investment loan is tax deductible, but with the savings account; after tax on the interest and inflation is considered, the net gain is almost nothing and meanwhile there is a lost opportunity to increase the equity across the investment portfolio.
    As a result, I put every available cent into the investment loan, thus increasing the LVR and improves the equity percentage which the banks love.
    Has anyone got some thoughts on this strategy? Is there a better way?
    Cheers,
    Marc[laughing]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

In your situation it makes sense to do what you do.

However if you had a dependent spouse with little or no income then earning them money in an ING account might be worth doing. They would pay little or no tax and you still maximise your deductible interest.

Also remember that you have your savings in your IP loan. If you need to redraw those funds for personal use then you will contaminate the tax deductibility. Big example is if you decide to buy a PPOR or a car for personal use……

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

ANZ have a V2 account which doesn’t charge for any withdrawals & you don’t loose your interest for month if you withdraw, however you must maintain minimum of $5000 in the account. I think it is 6% interest from memory.

Profile photo of pwinnepwinne
    @pwinne
    Originally posted by fbd1:

ANZ have a V2 account which doesn’t charge for any withdrawals & you don’t loose your interest for month if you withdraw, however you must maintain minimum of $5000 in the account. I think it is 6% interest from memory.

Yep, thats a great account if you use e-trade.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Would an Offest Account on your IP Loan be better than an On-Line account Simon?

We dont have a PPoR, so can’t use it for non-deductible debt anyhow…….

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of BluemistBluemist
    Participant
    @bluemist

Well I’m from ANZ and I got nothing from them…mind you I only have a bit of money in there to basically transfer over to pay off my credit card each month.

I’m with ING- I love them….(well maybe *love* is a bit strong a word)…but you get the idea.

[blush2]

Bluemist.

Bluemist.

Profile photo of SoundOfGoldSoundOfGold
    @soundofgold

This post seems to be dead for while but I thought its the most relevant I found so here I go:

Recently I sold some property and put par to the money into some shares and still have some cash in my hands. Since I am not yet in the position to buy a new IP I was lookin around to see who is offering the best rates on those online savings accounts.

I found that BankWest is paying 6.8% first year than reducing to 6.25%, and than HSBC offering around 6.4%. Anyone has any experiences with any of those? For example what does prevent me from leaving BankWest once the "honeymoon" rate is about to expire?

Anyway I have the list of top 20 on my web if anyone wants to know too http://www.soundofgold.com/2007/04/17/top-20-australian-high-yielding-cash-accounts/

Cheers
    dk

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

Is that online saver account from ANZ just an internet one(without ATM card)?

Try Bankwest, they have a new account
    -has atm card, eftpost etc
    -no fees
    -4.75%

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.