All Topics / Help Needed! / How do i start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of npmayallnpmayall
    @npmayall

I have read the book, i struggle understanding books, I have to get started but i cant find the starting line.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

If you want to find the “starting line” but can’t maybe it’s because there isn’t one; that is, you haven’t drawn one.

Maybe you could ask yourself a few questions (perhaps even share them with us here) like:

What is your financial position; working, unemployed, have saved some money, need to find a way to budget better etc.

What are your goals; investing for capital growth or for cashflow.

What do you hope to achieve by investing; financial independence, early retirement, SMSF (self managed super fund).

Where do you want to buy; interstate, overseas.

Once you can answer these questions for yourself (and us) we can help you with making some constructive comments; as it is we know nothing about you.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

There’ lots of very knowledgable people like Jo on the forum who will help you get started, and keep you going on the road to property investing![biggrin]
    I know a little bit about this and that, but most of all I come here to learn. It’s a great place for that, so you are on the right track already.
    [biggrin]
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of jsprijspri
    @jspri

hi npmayall, the first thing i did was save as much money as i could. Then i proceeded to look at a lot of houses and start applying the 11 second rule(from steves book, determines if a ip is positively geared). Depends on your investing strategy, i.e positive geared or negative geared.
    Have goals set out, and when you learn more you can keep reassessing them. Thats where i was for a fair while, once i had my goals set i found a property i believed was suitable and i am finalising that now.
    1 IP down.
    [smiling]
    Also spend some time reading threads on here as many new ppl have asked similar questions, including me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.