All Topics / Help Needed! / Insurance on dual occupancy IP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Any ideas on insurance for a 3 bedroom house and a 1 bedroom self contained detached unit on same block in Tasmainia, which is going to be tenanted separatly. Not interested in contents insurance, just buildings. Have tried AAMI and COMMInsure. The unit is obviously too small to interest insurance companies so far. Any ideas?

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

Have you thought about Landlords insurance which would cover your buildings, public liability, damage to property, loss of rent etc?
    It gives me heaps of peace of mind, and not too expensive at around $3-400, and is tax deductable anyway as an expense associated with the property.[thumbsup2]
    Maybe if you could contact an insurance broker and talk it over with them, they should be able to find an insurer who is interested.
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi,
    I think shaztaz has an excellent idea. Try rentcover.com.au, not sure if they cover tazzy though. Worth a try.
    Cheers,
    Sue [biggrin]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Nordicskier,

Yes!!!

Try – Hervey Bay & Maryborough Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd. We have done exactly what you are asking through them (on a property at Hervey Bay), but the location shouldn’t matter…

We did both properties on the one landlord’s type policy and literally saved hundreds of dollars. No other agency looked at the properties in the same manner. We got quotes from 3 others. The insurance company is highly regarded by investors.

If interested, their phone number is 07 41283455.
    Email me if you have any problems and I’ll give you more details of our policy etc.

Good luck,

Del

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.