All Topics / Finance / part vendor finance how does it work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Jacqui74Jacqui74
    @jacqui74

my brother has had an offer accepted on a property subject to finance. The bank has said he can have the loan if he gets rid of a personal loan for a boat. He is trying to sell the boat. I have heard of people getting the owners to leave $20000 in there property for a set time period as vendor financing so the sale could proceed. Is this possible and if so how does that effect the bank loan and how does he go about proposing the idea?
    Thanks jacqui

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Jacqui,

Most lenders don’t like vendor finance, so your brother would have to find one that is OK with this kind of deal.

There have been a few posts on this subject before. I know Mortgageman, who posts here, has a lender that can do this type of loan.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I don’t think vendor finance would help in this situation. The lender would want the personal loan out of the way probably because your brother’s income is not enough to service both loans.

If he went for vendor finance he would be borrowing more (at hgiher rates and shorter terms), so this would worsen the situation.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

Terry this is true unless he has income he is not declaring or can’t declare.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.