All Topics / General Property / CF+ in Victoria?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of peeblespeebles
    @peebles

Hey all,

I’m a recent convert to Cashflow Positive Property Investments, having read several books on it recently, including Steve’s books. I’ve also bought his templates and have started using them recently with my lady when she was shopping for a unit to live in. It’s now come to the point where I’m itching to get into the market myself, and wanted to get some input from people with the experience.

I live in the suburbs of Melbourne, and was initially thinking of buying something close by (i.e. in VIC, not necessarily very close to where i live), but have heard some negative opinions in the forums on the availability of CF+ possibilities in the VIC and NSW markets. I had heard good things about QLD, particularly the seaside areas, but am a bit hesitant due to the distance and my lack of experience.

I’m currently looking in the Frankston and Ringwood areas, as I’ve heard good potential prospects for growth in those areas, and they’re not too our of the way for me if i want to go pounding the pavement to see the properties first-hand.

On myself, I’m permanently employed ($50k) but with no real savings (yet). I’m currently working very hard at eliminating some personal debts, and am happy that once they are out of the way i can comfortably maintain saving to the same extent (about $1500+/mo). Am also looking at selling my car to go towards deposit funds, and am estimating $12-13k for that.

I was just wondering what suggestions people had for my prospects for CF+ in VIC, compared to opportunities in other states. Hopefully I’ve given enough information on my current situation to help with that. Thanks muchly for your help. [cap]

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Chances of CF+ in Melbourne for a nromal house or unit are zero from my research.
    Danadenong North or Frankston North may have the closest to CF+ but probably have higher crime rates and lower social economic status. But then again so did the western suburbs not so long ago.
    There are CF+ properites such as serviced units in Melb CBD but financing can be difficult. Search for “serviced apartment” in other forums for more info.

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.