All Topics / Help Needed! / Information on block sizes in Victoria

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of vicgirlvicgirl
    @vicgirl

Does anyone know about a call centre or website that has information regarding land area/block size in this state? The titles are so hard to read and calculating the areas can be a nightmare. I’d be grateful for any information.

Profile photo of choppercravenchoppercraven
    Participant
    @choppercraven

One way is to ring the relevant local council and ask for the valuation department. However they don’t always give you this information. Another way is to check out http://www.land.vic.gov.au and go to the interactive map this will give a reasonably accurate measurement of the land.

Hope this helps.

P.S
    The website above has lots of other good information on it as well. It can show you the zoning of a particular property and if there are any overlays affecting the property.

Profile photo of vicgirlvicgirl
    @vicgirl

Thanks for the info….unfortunately the site doesn’t work on my PC.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by vicgirl:

Thanks for the info….unfortunately the site doesn’t work on my PC.

I use the site a lot and it gives you exactly the information you are looking for. You need to pay $5 or something like that for the map.

Try it again, becuase the site is often down or very slow to download. It may be better to try it after hours when there is less traffic to it

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.