All Topics / Help Needed! / Collingwood Park

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JemmJemm
    @jemm

Hi People,

I’m moving from Canberra to Brissie before winter (I hope!), and though I will be buying for myself, not investing, can anyone let me know what the Collingwood Park area is like??

I have a few townhouses lined up to look at from realestate.com which look relatively reasonable. My budget is limited (under 150k) as I will be a cash buyer, but I don’t want to end up in a seedy area.

The home will be for myself and 8 year old child – does anyone know if the area is safe? Friendly? Any ideas about the schools in the area?

Thanks,
    Jemm

Profile photo of DavcazDavcaz
    @davcaz

Jem

Why Collingwood are you going to be working near there?
    This area is ok But it is close to some seedy areas like “Goodna”. But u will find good and bad everywhere you go. My Wife and i think you should try the south side of brissy. Eg: Shailer Park, Tanah Merah, Meadow brook,Loganholme. But Stay away from Woodridge, Logan Central, Kingston.

Dave

Profile photo of timtamtimtam
    @timtam

Hi Jemm,

I agree with Dav… unless you’re working near Collingwood Park, i would think that it’s a bit too far out. There’s always good value within the inner city suburbs..

It’s not a bad area, quite a few ‘new’ estates out there, but just the distance would be a concern.

Depends on where you’re working though Jem… can you fill us in on that one?

Cheers!

Tam

I’m spending a year dead for tax reasons – Douglas Adams

Profile photo of alfamickalfamick
    Participant
    @alfamick

Hi Jemm,

Collingwood Park has new estates within an area that has been lower socio-econimic, but it’s definitely changing. For your budget, I reckon it’s a good idea.

As far as being a long way out; I personally disagree, but in Brisbane many people think that more than 10 or 15km out is a long way. But Collingwood Park is near both the train line and the highway. The coming years will see more and more development in there. I can’t tell you anything about the schools there though.

Given your budget, I think it would be a good decision. Hope this helps,

Mick

Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hi guys

We live out near collingwood park way and it’s not the bad area that a lot of people perceive it to be. We agree with alfamick, it’s definately changing for the better. It’s only 1/2 hour to Brisbane city and we’ve lived here for over 2 years now and have had no problems.

But everyone has a different perception.

Karl and Rita

The only thing that limits us…is a limiting belief.

Profile photo of JemmJemm
    @jemm

Thanks everyone……..

I’m hopefully heading up there in the next two weeks to check things out, which I expect will help seal my decision on the “right” area. Burpengary was another area that I MAY be able to afford, as usual, it depends on the amount I clear on the sale of my home here.

As for work, initially I will just be helping my aged uncle who has cancer and lives alone – so area is not really relevant work-wise at this point. He lives in Clayfield – an area I definately CANNOT afford!

Permanent work will come later.

Thanks so much for your opinions everyone.

Jemm

Profile photo of jaco22jaco22
    @jaco22

Jemm,
    I live at Bracken Ridge and Clayfield is situated on the northside (Only just) of Brissy. So you don’t have to travel too much try the northside first.

Regards
    Shane[biggrin]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.