All Topics / Finance / finance for hall conversion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of colliecollie
    Participant
    @collie

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on the type of finance I could get to buy a Church hall which I would convert into student accomodation.
    The asking price of hall is $200,000 and I would think the conversion would cost aprox. $100K
    How could I structure this sort of finance?
    Is it possible?
    Thanks,[biggrin]

collie

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

either cash (yours) or its going 2 b xpensive – it could be difficult to make this look attractive to a lender.

cheers

brahms
    CALL NOW…adults only (boys and girls ask mummy or dad first) ~~ 1900 hot broker ~~

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Collie,

Would you need council approval to change the use of the hall. I know of quite a few churches that have been transformed into houses, if you have approval to do something similar I would think you would need just a basic resedential construction loan.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

There are private type lenders that would look at these deals. Generally finance would be hard.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of colliecollie
    Participant
    @collie

Thanks for all your replys. Have decided not to go ahead as there is hassles with no parking……..

collie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.