All Topics / General Property / muswellbrook nsw

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsywoodsy
    @woodsy

anybody know of muswellbrook nsw ?
    is the area good?
    investing?

woodsy

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

Hi Woodsy,
    Muswellbrook has a population of around 10,000, and major employment is coal, agriculture, and power/energy.
    This link is interesting:
    http://www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au/business/business.html
    I haven’t purchased there… yet. I think it looks good… for further investigation.[biggrin]
    It has been earmarked by the state govt. for major injection of funds. There was an article in the Newcastle Herald several months ago, can’t recall all the details.
    Maybe you could ask some locals.
    I like Singleton and Scone in that area too, for what it’s worth. IMO they are strong regional towns.
    Happy hunting![biggrin]
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of ss2306ss2306
    @ss2306

I live in Singleton, 40 minutes from Muswellbrook. It is an ok area if you buy in the right street (not that I am that familiar with them all). Singleton has already reached its peak I believe but Muswellbrook is still heading in that direction. It is surounded by coal mines which makes some of the towns people having a very good income.

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

I have been researching Muswellbrook for a long time and believe it has a lot going for it. The expected development expenditure in the shire over the next 5 years is 2.6Billion.

There are many coal mines, two major power stations that service most of NSW’s power, Accor are building a mecure hotel in the area, the F3 is continuing on to Branxton making travelling time shorter, they breed silver perch and crayfish….the list goes on.

There is a huge demand for newer houses by tenants (mainly miners and their families).

Monarch are developing a new estate which will have 1300 new lots and they are also upgrading the golf course.

I can tell you much more if you need to know anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.