All Topics / Overseas Deals / Ski chalet rental

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of RitchRitch
    @ritch

Any Ruapehu ski bums out there,I’m interested in obtaining a ski chalet in Ohakune;is there a high demand for the economy end of the holiday market.What rules and regs need to be adhered to.
    Is insurance an expensive cost?
    Thanks

Ritch

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Ritch,

Yes, indeed, Ruapehu was where I learned to ski, pashed a spunky ski-instructor or two by the fireplace at the Chateau, ate the worlds cheesiest pizza at the powderkeg, (where Orlando and Viggo stayed while filming Mordor scenes on Ruapehu) – rocked out at the Hot Lava in various bands..tramped up to the crater at the summit…such an awesome awesome place…ah memories!

re: rental market, best is to touch base with as many local rental managers as there are. not just to get a good idea of the rental sitch but to vibe who’s gonna manage for you when you buy.
    ditto the questions about rules and regs.
    Insurance – my houses cost around 300 bucks a year to insure, but they are cheaper houses than in Ohakune, but just get an idea from an insurance broker, I can give you the details of my one in NZ, if you want, email me.

I suppose if you are renting furnished as for holiday rentals there may be extra insurance and management issues.

cheers-
    Mini

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.