All Topics / General Property / Source of Data for Today’s Tip (5/2)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Yet when you consider that only 1 in 200 property investors owns more than five investment properties, you have to conclude that something is horribly wrong.

Under today’s tip (5/2), there is the above statement. Can anyone confirm the source of this data?

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin
    Originally posted by woodsman:

Yet when you consider that only 1 in 200 property investors owns more than five investment properties, you have to conclude that something is horribly wrong.

Under today’s tip (5/2), there is the above statement. Can anyone confirm the source of this data?

I cannot confirm the data, but I was wondering at your 1 in 200 investors own more than 5 properties quote. Is it really that high? I would have thought the ratio to be much lower, like 1 in 2000 at least.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi woodsman

i’ve read official figures confirming this – however since steve’s book i bet there are a lot more people in the over 5 properties catagory. Today i know heaps of people who own more than 5 properties. In 1997 i bought 10 homes and it was really rear to hear of people who owned that number.
    i think the official figure were quoted in Understanding Investment Property by Nick Renton, its 4 years since i read it so i might be wrong.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

woodsman

i just looked up google and found this survey
    http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/council/publications/Reports/2002_Residential_Segmentation_Study.pdf
    in it it says that in Adelaide 73% of investors own 1 property , the average is 1.7 properties and 3% of all investors own more than 5 properties thats 1 in 33 not one in 200. Perhaps Steve would like to comment on his source.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

From memory, I believe this figure was sourced from the ABS.

Brent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.