All Topics / Help Needed! / Tenant just won’t move in!

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi PK,
    if you can fix the insurance issue, why worry? You have income, less wear and tear!
    I’d be inclined to set up a gardening service to take care of the garden, and the REA to get the mail – they are supposed to manage it, aren’t they? Why dream up fantastic may-bes’ of Drug lords and wars and who knows what else. These people may actually have a reason for their behaviour. These cost can / could then be forwarded to the tennant by reason of Insurance requirements (just a thought).

Like I said, this would hinge on the insurance issue being sorted! Other than that you ‘d have to check your legal standing before doing anything. Calling them caould be misconstrued as harrasment!

Be careful, and best wishes!

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of nw1nw1
    @nw1

Hi, I presume you’ve asked the neighbour to call you if any activity is seen at your house? The electricity meter is a good idea, (both reading it and switching it off for a time).

Did you mean that the c/link letters in the letterbox are addressed to the new but absent tenants? If so, they are in breach of the law as C/link requires a current residential address. Would it be worth their while to claim a false benefit by this means? – Probably not for one applicant, but for all you know your house could be the phantom address for a whole tribe of ‘claimants’. Perhaps the neighbour could see how many different identities have mail adressed to them?

By experience, this type of fraud inevitably leads to investigators, process servers and even Federal police regularly calling in for months and months after the ‘tenants’ have done the bolt. They tend to knock incessently on doors and windows at all hours, as well as tackling the neighbours.

Whilst I agree with the other replies, that at the moment your problem may be actually good news, the last thing you want for your property down the track is having that sort of carry on, irritating all concerned.

My advice; set a mental deadline and if that passes with no move in, contact Centrelink with their correct address, swap the locks and keep taking their money. Cheers.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Thanks all.

We had movement on the IP last night. The lady rang at 7pm and asked where she could pick up the keys, as she wanted to move in there and then.

So arranged that side of things.

Appears only the lady and kids moving in, so perhaps “Just Learning” was ont he right track when he mentioned relationships issues, splits etc.

Both names are on the lease. Will wait and see what happens now, but well, from no news for several weeks to suddenly there was interesting. Will just see how it goes.

(Interesting note, not that neighbout should ahve checked the mailbox but she did and all mail was addressed to the lady only and nearly all was from Centrelink).

Time will tell now, we’ll wait and see whether the bloke also turns up or not.

Thanks for all your ideas etc. If anything else happens I’ll keep you informed.

Regards
    PK

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.