All Topics / Forum Frolic / A Change Of Perspective

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an opinion on the subject of perspective. I have been reading the post about Unmotivated Partner in Help! Needed, and a few others and felt inspired to write this.

Note: this is not an attack on anyones posts – just an idea I had.

All situations we face in life are judged by whatever perspective we are looking at it from, i.e our belief systems, ideals etc. To change the way you feel or react to a situation I believe you need to change your beliefs about it, or your perspective.

There are always choices. Either use whatever situation you’re facing as an excuse, or use it as a motivator. Think “Is what’s happening going to stop me from doing a thing, or drive me to do a thing?”

Anyone who says I have no choice chooses not to make a choice.

At least if someone doesn’t wish to be involved at the present time, try asking them for their support, emotional and mental if not physical. Your success might be the catalyst for their own transformation anyway.

Well, that’s my thought for now. As always this is all just IMHO.

Create a nice day,

Karl

The only thing that limits us…is a limiting belief.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I agree, we all have choices.

Those who feel that they don’t have a choice are usually not happy to choose the alternatives that they feel they have.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Interest Free Home Loan Agent
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Please email me rather than using the PM service here.

Fully Accredited With Derivex LTD and IFHL PTY LTD

***Ask about our Interest Free Home Loan***

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by Karl and Rita:
    Anyone who says I have no choice chooses not to make a choice.

Great post Karl, and yes some very valid points you make there. However, you need to remember…..

The real issue that needs to be addressed in such situations, is not the person’s reluctance to make a choice, but the reasons given for the resistence. Often fear (as the result of ignorance, pre-conditiong, past experience etc) is to blame for the unwillingness to change. If someone doesn’t want to make a choice, of course they will not be happy about it, and as such they will not (want to) see any other options/choices, let alone be appreciative of any potential benefits for doing so; that stands to reason. The key here is simple, address the person’s fears with as much empathy and support as you the willing participant of change would like shown to you, and in so doing, you will maximise the opportunity to successfuly introduce the changes.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hi Monopoly,

Glad you said it. I was going to keep writing about fear/limitations etc, but I had to rein myself in as I usually go on about these things to the point of boring people. I also had gardening to do lol, now it’s too hot so I’m back here.

Karl

@monopoly

Hey Karl,

Good for you; wish I was more into gardening but my fear of getting dirty has forced me to make some life changing decisions ie. hiring a gardener…..ahhh well…they tell me change is a good thing!!! [tongue]

But I daresay, you shouldn’t have too many problems convincing Rita (I’m assuming that’s the lovely lady next to you in the members pic page) to adapt to change, thus being more in tune with yourself and your goals. I mean come on….you guys are even colour co-ordinated in your choice of clothes!!! Now that’s what I call a perfect MATCH!!! [biggrin]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hey Jo,

The colour co-ordination was PURELY COINCIDENTAL lol. I have no worries about Rita, she’s as enthusiastic as I am about property investing.

Karl and Rita

@monopoly

I had no doubt about it Karl….you’re a lucky man!!! [biggrin]

Keep up the good work; that was a very thought provoking thread/post!!! [thumbsupanim]

Cheers,

Jo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.