All Topics / Help Needed! / where to invest in qld?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of moneyhungrymoneyhungry
    @moneyhungry

Have approx 250k to invest but not sure where or how
    Have looked at managed apartments houses and units now im very confused on what 2 do please help.

Profile photo of alfamickalfamick
    Participant
    @alfamick

Hungry,

Nobody on here can tell you what to do – depends on your priorities.

250k opens you up to tons of options in QLD, but I reckon you need to at least decide between houses, units, etc.

Personally, I like to be a low-maintenance investor, so I like new houses on small blocks, returning 5 or 6% and good tax deductions. But my mates put in lots more work on older places and get better returns.

If you look at units, just factor in the body corporate when you do your calculations – $2k per annum is equal to $40/week less rent…

The market has slowed heaps, so don’t be in too much of a rush.

Mick

Profile photo of peejay121764peejay121764
    Participant
    @peejay121764

Coomera on the top of the Gold Coast. Still reasonably valued 195K for 3BR 4 yr old unit with en suite – rapidly growing area nr all the theme parks and marinas. Rail stn to Brisbane and 40 mins drive to BNE. Developing to the point where they are forecasting it to be the size of Southport..Good yield approx $225 per week…
    C how you go ! 250K equates to 2 units conservatively geared….

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi MH,

At this stage of your investment journey it is important that you know what you are trying to achieve through your investments and how you will utilise the ‘profit’ in the future.

Having a clear understanding of why you are investing and what your are trying to achieve will then help you determine where your property will be, what features you will be looking for in it and what your subsequent steps will be.

Once you have a clear idea of this side of property investment then the next steps become somewhat clearer and by virtue of this somewhat ‘easier’

Derek
    [email protected]

Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.