All Topics / General Property / South West WA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of ColloCollo
    Participant
    @collo

Gday all,im new to this and was looking for other peoples thoughts on investing in property in the Bridgetown,Walpole and Denmark regions of WA.Does anyone else think that this area is shaping up to be the next Margaret River.Theres a new estate in Bridgetown offering 2000sq blocks for 40k.Any feedback would be appreciated.Cheers

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Denmark is an undiscovered paradise. How long you have to wait for your investment to mature is anyones guess?

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Denmark went up years ago. I am sure there are still bargains, but they are out of a lot of peoples reach these days.

Land is shockingly expensive and to build down there is equally as expensive. Mind you, it is a lovely area. Beautiful inlet and beaches.

Looked at buying there many years ago, but had thumb up bum, so we missed out on a really good opportunity. Ho hum. That’s life.

Mates of ours want to move down there.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

Only regurgitating a brief article in a recent paper which said that Walpole was going ‘gangbusters’ – well at least the one property quoted as an example had.

Walpole is a little small and is heavily reliant on tourism for income and a number of CALM officers living and servicing the area.

The school has had declining number in recent years and is listed to be down graded.

Denmark has experienced a surge in prices along with many other parts of the south coast. Once again there is a heavy reliance on tourism with a large number of vineyards supplementing tourism based income.

There have been a number of redevelopments taking place in the hills areas of Denmark and the school there has had an influx of student numbers in recent years.

While a number of people move to Denmark seeking a relaxed lifestyle (and stay) a number return to the big smoke due to a lack of suitable employment opportunities. I suggest you do a search of the ABS website so you can get an accurate indication of income levels.

In both places I would strongly recommend your insurance policy covers ‘fire’

Derek
    [email protected]

Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

If you want to be one step ahead…. try Nullaki Peninsular, 28 km from Denmark, is a development to watch in the future. Waterfront blocks up to 100 acres are on the market from $350,000.

Others you may be interested in looking at:

Dunsborough – Cape Risk, only 1000 metres from beach, land starting around $180,000+

Broome – as it is a Peninsular, land is limited, if you can afford it – (unfortunately I can not!!!!!) buy now, as they say …..”Land they’re not making any more of it”

Eaton/Australind – around $280,000 for 4 x 2. Still very cheap.

Albany – Water views the only way to go – Middleton Beach, Goode Beach.

@derek
    Originally posted by Marisa:

If you want to be one step ahead…. try Nullaki Peninsular, 28 km from Denmark, is a development to watch in the future. Waterfront blocks up to 100 acres are on the market from $350,000.

Nullaki is one of those areas that on the surface sounds so attractive – lots of acres near the ocean but forget any ambitions of development. There was enough of a stink when the original subdivision went through ~20 years ago. Sent a few developers to the cleaners.

Goode Beach (sometimes listed as Frenchman Bay).

And you can keep out of my neighbourhood [biggrin]

Derek
    [email protected]

Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Derek,

Have you researched recently,
    20 years ago….donno……mmmm maybe things have changed… !!!!!!!!!!

Many developers went to the cleaners – due to the stink, that’s exactly what happened in Mandurah …. the rest is history…

I think formites should investigate, who knows may be a winner….

@derek

Hi Marisa,

Without knowing the ins and outs of the Mandurah difficulties the Nullaki difficulties were all related to a major backlash against development by the locals who valued their pristine wilderness. The struggle to get planning approval and the never ending delays associated with that was the reason for the financial difficulties.

The ‘locals’ and green interest groups ‘agreed’ to the current level of development with siginificant environmental considerations and restrictions in place for construction on each block.

The Wilson Inlet catchment area, which Nullaki is a part of, is being extensively surveyed and plotted with a view to ensuring the long term viability of the inlet.

Moves to further subdivide the large blocks, while attractive, just will never happen. If anything the desire to maintain tracts of land as naturally as possible remains deeply entrenched in communities in the south-west as well as in other parts of WA.

Derek
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ColloCollo
    Participant
    @collo

Excellent forum!!! Having read both of Steves books,i thought what the hell i may as well capitalise on his website aswell.Thank you to all who imparted their wisdom on my topic,and wish you all well with your investment decisions.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Derek, time will tell..

For anyone interested… Nullaki Peninsular actually now selling at $400,000 to $700,000, I believe demand mainly from overseas investors.
    Unfortunately out of my reach.

Collo,
    As far as Bridgetown goes – vacant land is dirt cheap. Has 2 art galleries, 3 wineries, and lots of cafes and restaurants. Pop of around 4,700 and is actually growing.
    It may not have the ocean, but has the rolling hills. It would not be my pick, but it is cheap compared to others mentioned.

Happy hunting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.