All Topics / General Property / Book for Young people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

Hey people,
    Just thought id start an iteresting topic.
    Wondering what Young investor’s either currently owning assets, or purchasing soon would like to see in a book?
    For older and/or experienced investors what would u wish u had of learnt before or had help with to make you even more successful then what you are today?

Kind Regards, Nathan Birch.

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

As a young investor I’d like to read about stories of people who started young, what they did and how and the position of where they are today. Also a book like this would be great; like Steves books because they are by Australians, investing in Australia for Australians.

Good Luck[specool]…G7

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

I think a book relating to the challenge’s faced by People (like myself), who were never educated financially. This was due to the fact my parents never owned a home together for the duration of their marriage (18 yrs)and were almost bankrupt!! I’d like to see young people read books on how it is possible to achieve financial success through believing in yourself and finding what it is that will make those dreams a reality. For me it was determination not to have to struggle – so I scanned the library’s and book stores for books on wealth creation ect. I discovered real estate was my thing after dabbling in shares and spoke to people who had already done what I wanted to do (my mentors)! One valuable lesson I’ve learnt is DONT HOLD BACK – once you’ve got that first property you wonder what took you so long and away you go …..onto the next and the next and the next…..

thats my blurb!!

sq[biggrin]

Profile photo of g1g1
    Participant
    @g1

Hi Nathan

I think there is way too much info on how to make money already. Yes, thats right, there is an info overload on different techniques and recommended approaches.

What there isnt much of is people who know how to balance their priorities, so that investment can be successful while still coming second to family and life in general. I think the big trap for young people these days is listening to their parents who encourage them to invest now because they didnt. They then end up missing the whole point of the investment – spending the profits to produce time and enjoyment with people.

But thats just my point of view…!

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I agree with G1. There are way too many books around already on investing and all.

You can find lots of how to books, and books full of successful outcomes. What you don’t find much about is books that can help you when everything goes wrong.

Since when did someone write a book on how they did all their dough! It happens all the time.

Kiyosaki has outlined his failings. He has no fear of losing money.

Aussies think, Oh……… you dopey bugger!

Not sure if it would be a best seller though, or if it would appeal to the young.

My 5 cents worth

Shawn

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

From an older perspective (40 something), I wish I had paid myself 10% of my earnings every week since my first job.
    With this 10% savings I would have bought properties and never sold them.
    Oh to be so wise at 15, 16 or even 20.
    Nevermind, it’s never to late to start[biggrin]
    Life is for learning![thumbsup2]
    Regards

Sharon

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Coming back to this post from 8 years ago. Nathan I can already see the title for this young investors book. 

I think it should mention 100 properties and 30 years old.  

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.