All Topics / Heads Up! / wealthbuilders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of workfreeworkfree
    @workfree

[biggrin]

Hi all, anybody know anything about John L Fitzgerald (seven steps to wealth). There was a large ad for seminar last Wednesday.

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

No, haven’t heard of him.
    If he is a baddie, Neil Jenman might know him.
    Try http://www.jenman.com.au and look for ‘Cast of Characters’. He has 97 on his list.
    Regards,

Sharon

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Workfree,
    I attended a seminar he held a few years ago in Melbourne. On the flyer it stated he was ‘holding the seminar’. When myself and friends arrived, another presenter held the seminar and was recommending property to buy in Sydney (off the plan). I read his book and must admit I did like it. This has only been my experience with him. I’d do a search or if it’s a free event then perhaps attend and make up your own mind.
    Kind regards,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Read (and own) the book, it’s a good read..other than that?

do a search on the forum, this has been discussed a long while back with quiet a few replies

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of domcc1domcc1
    @domcc1

It was John’s book (7 Steps) that first got me into property (4.5 years ago). From what I learned from his book and his book alone (5 years ago there wasn’t the wide variety of books we have today) I took the plunge and have since done pretty well.

I feel it’s a great overall book, and his concepts are still very valid today. It’s also very easy to read, and good to ‘get your toes wet’.

I also attended one of his seminars (a free one), and it was my experience that nothing was ‘pushed’ onto me other than an invitation to talk to ‘Custodian Wealth Builders’, which are basically Investment Property Advisors (‘hand holders’). I liked the seminar, it was informative (most stuff being in the book anyway), and I didn’t feel it was a ‘hard’ sell (which would have turned me off right away).

I also have his ‘Success From Scratch’ pack. Overall it’s also pretty good, although it does cost $300. It outlines more ‘active’ wealth building techniques over the ‘passive’ buy and hold strategy.

From his website and his books you do learn that he is a property developer, although his developments are houses in suburbs rather than high rise. No doubt this property is pushed through Custodian Wealth Builders – not that I feel that this is unethical or wrong in any way. New property is great, I built my second IP and have great depreciation, paid no stamp duty (Vic) and have good cashflow.

I used his Investment Loan Broker service (Investloan) for my second IP, although I’m not convinced I got a ‘great’ deal through then and am now going through ProSolution for my 3rd and 4th (my experience with them so far is excellent).

I know Jenman ‘bagged’ him a bit in a recent article but overall my impression on John is positive. This was in relation to a comment he made about his Success from Scratch product. John outlined a creative method to earn some quick money in real estate, and while it was a bit risky and would require a set of steel ones, the theory sounded good.

Profile photo of workfreeworkfree
    @workfree

[biggrin]
    Thank you for all the replies. Have since read the book and found it quite helpful.[biggrin]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.