All Topics / Overseas Deals / Christchurch Property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

I thought I would place this up to see if there would be any interest out there or not.
    I have lived in Christchurch, New Zealand most of my life and have been in Melbourne for the past two years due to my husband being transfered here.

In New Zealand I worked for Harcourts Real Estate as a property consultant and brokered many deals for clients who were investors from New Zealand and off shore. There is still many good deals to be had in Christchurch if you know who to ask and where to look, I know this as my husband and I have brought in the last six months 3 properties for our own portfolio.

Whether you are looking for positive cash flow properties or good homes to renovate to increase value then I am able to help as I have many emails and phone calls from reliable and trustworthy real estate agents informing me of property that meets my criteria for either positive cash flow or I can make a good profit from renovating the house.

I am going back to Christchurch in April and will be looking at a lot of property and if anyone would like to use my services then I would more than happy talk to you about what you are looking for and how I can help you.

Look forward to hearing from people about any questions regarding the Christchurch market.

Trish Clark

Profile photo of shaztazshaztaz
    @shaztaz

Hi Trish,
    I am a Kiwi too (from Tauranga) but have lived In Aust for many years.

I have been thinking about purchasing property in NZ, so might be interested in your service at some time in the future. Perhaps later this year.

Are there +CF properties available? Perhaps you could give me some examples. Would you also know the vacany rate in Christchurch?
    The more info you could give me the better. I love info.
    Also, what is your fee for finding +CF property?
    You could send me a PM (private message) if you like, or e-mail.
    Thanks, Regards

Sharon

Profile photo of shar30441shar30441
    @shar30441

Hi Trish

I am also keen on Christchurch and would love the same info as Sharon has asked.

Shar

Profile photo of easymoneyeasymoney
    @easymoney

hi trish,
    as shaztaz said

Are there +CF properties available? Perhaps you could give me some examples. Would you also know the vacany rate in Christchurch?
    The more info you could give me the better. I love info.
    Also, what is your fee for finding +CF property?

thanks
    easymoney

Profile photo of Nick MetzgerNick Metzger
    @nick-metzger

HI…am just starting to look at the CH market and woulld love your help.

Nick M
    [email protected]

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi Trish,

I already have 4 IP’s in NZ and I am now considering looking at the reno side of things to increase CG and rental income.

However from my experiences so far in attempting to get tradespeople to start and finish repairs in a reasonable time frame my biggest concern is being able to get any work done on a reno IP in the shortest possible time. Especially as I am living in Australia.

Your comments in regard to long distance reno projects would be appreciated.

Cheers, Nobleone.[biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hi Easymoney

The answer to your question is yes there is still positive cashflow property available in Christchurch but you will not find them in glossy magazines or probably not the internet as well. I have established a fantastic network of agents now that either email me or phone me first prior to putting there new listings out to the general public.

When I spoke to my property manager she has informed she had a zero persent vacany rate for Feb and January she had a 2.3%.

If you are interested in obtaining a Christchurch property I suggest you get onto Minimogul’s database.

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Nobleone

Yes it is hard to organise tradesman when you are not in the same city but it can be done with the right property manager.

What my husband and I do is we plan a trip back to New Zealand when we want to do a project which is what we are doing in April.

Most of my investment properties have been brought to increase equity by renovating so my answer to your question is find yourself a really good property manager and if you like you can PM me and I can give you the name of mine or make a trip over and I can supply you a list of really good tradespeople if you need them as well.

Any other questions just ask.

Trish

Profile photo of John SmithJohn Smith
    @john-smith

Hi Trish

Read your article on the forum board – I would appreciate it if you would e:mail me on [email protected] in relation to investment properties in NZ. It would be good if we could meet and discuss this matter.
    Regards John Smith (Sydney based)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.