All Topics / Overseas Deals / Gore New Zealand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kiwi-pikiwi-pi
    @kiwi-pi

Anyone had much experience with Gore, home of country music in New Zealand.
    Keen to hear stories good, Bad, Ugly..

Cheers

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi kiwi pi

i live 70km from Gore and its a great little city. I’ve got properties there and we buy as many as we can for our clients there also. Employment is very strong (as it is for all southland) there are some great future prospects for the city also.
    It has a vibrant shopping distict also.
    the problem is the town has had great price growth since i started buying there in 2003, deals over 10% are still possible.

regards westan
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of kiwi-pikiwi-pi
    @kiwi-pi

Hi Westan

Yes, I have also come across some good returning property’s in that area.

What is the rental demand like?

Could you give me detail of what the future prospects for Gore are?

Also, have heard that the town is in a population decline – is this correct?

Appreciate your thoughts
    Regards
    kiwi-pi

@westan

Hi Kiwi-pi

yes the last census shows the population had declined (as had invercargill). The census was taken in the year 2000 i think and since then there has been a turn around. I’ve only lived in New Zeland since dec 2003 so i have to rely on what the locals tell me and that is that there is certainly more people about. Rental demand is alway strong in Gore, check with First National and Harcourts they are the main property managers in Gore.
    As far as the develpments- email me and i’ll tell you (i’ll send some cut outs from newspapers). I don’t want to mention it on the forum as too many people read this site. I’m still trying to buy some there for our loyal clients and the last thing i need is creating more competition to buy homes – hope you understand my point.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

@westan

Hi
    i have just receieved an email from an agent i work closely with, she has no properties under 150k left, all have been sold!
    she also said she has buyers prepared to buy at 8%.
    to be honest i’d consider selling some of mine at the price! Certainly wouldn’t be buying. But thats me.

regards westan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.