All Topics / Opinionated! / What’s the best bank to use in QLD?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of FireCaesarFireCaesar
    @firecaesar

Hi,

I’m looking to open a normal account with some bank in QLD (Brisbane to be precise) and I was wondering which bank is recommended by the folks who stay in QLD.

P.S I heard Commonwealth Bank is pretty good as they don’t charge for ATM withdrawals.

Fantastic way to make recurring monthly income!
    If you’re interested, email/PM or click on my “WWW”.

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

Hi Fireceasar

I live on the Gold Coast and over a number of years have tried many.

For savings/cheque accounts I have found Heritage Building Society to be the best option. No fees on certain accounts unless you use a different teller-but that’s the norm today.

If you found a Comm bank account without some fees, you’ve done well. “Which Bank” will find “Which Fees” somewhere down the line.

But it has been a while since I had a look in detail. Most are tarred with the same brush.

I would be interested to hear the result of your research.

cheers

markk
    Happy Hunting
    http://www.kentscollections.com

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

ANZ has that cute $5 per month do everything account – plus plenty of atm’s and branch outlets.

others probably have similar – some smaller banks may be cheaper but they don’t have the exposure and the services (hence they should be cheaper!)

cheers

brahms
    CALL NOW…adults only (boys and girls ask mummy or dad first) ~~ 1900 hot broker ~~

Profile photo of mk2rmk2r
    @mk2r

If you have any investment loans or a home morgage with a bank they may have a deal where they don’t charge you any account keeping fees. This is the case with the CBA. To my knowledge, the only charges you will receive will be when you use over the counter withdrawals or non CBA atm’s.
    [smiling]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.