All Topics / Help Needed! / Next Boom Area – WA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi All,
    according to Hegney – next area to go will be Byford.

Byford Structure Plan will create an urban village for 20,000 – 30,000 new residences in area by re-zoning surrounding rural properties. Plan will include schools, parks, and expanison of railway.

According to Hegney report Byford will be transformed into major regional centre.

Large blocks 1500 sqm are currently being snapped up. Around $250,000 depending on house etc.

Has anyone investigated this area or have any views.

Regards.

Profile photo of cruisercruiser
    Participant
    @cruiser

Hi Marisa,
    This is interesting. You mean $250k for a house and land package? Or just the land? Or with an existing house?
    Scuse my ignorance – where is Byford?

Profile photo of MoJoJoMoJoJo
    @mojojo

Where is Byford? You would have right to claim ignorance… Its on the very southern Perth fringe, directly inland from Kwinana. Semi rural. Too far from the city but not far enough, if you know what I mean!

~jo~

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’m picking the Henderson area if Plans go ahead..have you been down there Marisa??

Next area in WA?

Anything next to Water..

[biggrin]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Cruiser
    Hegney Property News is excellent and is free. Not sure whether you could arrange to have this emailed?? This group has been spot on with recommendations.

As far as Byford goes I have not researched this myself and am no expert.

$250,000 would get you a comfortable house that rents at around $160 pw on potential development site.

Hi Redwing
    Yes I have been to Henderson, 2 weeks ago, took the scenic tour on the way to Freo.

I always thought Henderson was an industrial area, factory units, mainly boat building/marine industry in this area???

Cheers, Marisa[biggrin]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Well, well, well, Byford. This is where I grew up as a kid and back then it was definitely never heard of!

Expansion of the train line is interesting. The train line already goes through there and the train used to actually stop there. Somewhere along the way, the train stopped stopping there and only went as far as Armadale instead. I think the railway station was pulled down when it became a bit derelict. Would be intereting to know where a new station would be built (or if one has already been built), if in the same spot, then it’s not near the main shops, it’s about a km up the track from the shops.

Cruiser, 250K would be for an established house and land. It’s a small town that’s grown over the years into the next suburb after Armadale. Type of housing varies considerable from Fibro, Weatherboard, Brick etc.

Regards
    PK

Participant
    @redwing

Was down at Henderson the otherday Marisa taking a Leisure cat out for sea trails and speaking with the boat builders, they pointed out an area near the boating club which is planned for development.

being my first time in the area-i liked it,very scenic

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Participant
    @redwing

Byford..

been around the area few times for work, almost rural back then..and small, you almost forget to slow down as you drive through..

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

yep, that was it, hope you didn’t blink.

Was a few other things I remember about growing up there:
    a) Bush, snakes…..as a kid it was exicitng to walk through the bush, but I guess that may be goin if the area is developing.
    b) Hot – the sea breeze seemed to float over it to the hills
    c) Safe – everyone knew everyone. That’s probably changed too or will be if it’s devloping.

Ah well, memories….

PK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.