All Topics / Heads Up! / Investment Detective

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ProfiteerProfiteer
    @profiteer

HI there

Just wish to see who has purchased the new Investment Detective software and what people think of it? I have purchased the program but have got to upgrade my operating system prior to using it…..So I am keen to get some feedback.

Kind regards

Profiteer [blink]

Profile photo of tbowetbowe
    @tbowe

Hi profiteer,

I have just purchased Investment Detective (ID), had a quick look only at the software but I have read the “help manual” (reading help manuals is good for those who cannot get to sleep!).

As one who has spent considerable time developing my own excel spreadsheets (including s/d calculations), I find that ID is accurate (the answers are the same as in my spreadsheets), helpful and very polished. ID not only provides a comprehensive guide to the financials of an individual property but it can also consolidate multiple purchases into one statement showing the overall position.

ID is well worth the cost and well worth the upgrade to your computer.

Regards
    TONY

Profile photo of benjamin316benjamin316
    Participant
    @benjamin316

Hi Profiteer,
    Got my first copy of ID yesterday morning (downloaded from website whilst waiting for the CD to arrive). Spent the whole of last night going through the spreadsheets. I think it is value for money! I’m just beginning on this adventure of CF+ ppty investment and was going to develop my own spreadsheets but ID has saved me considerable amt of time.

Also when I keyed in all the historical details of my current investment ppty(negatively geared), realised that it (I mean the ppty!) is really a lemon. I’m now looking at ways to turn this lemon into a lemon drink!

So go for the computer upgrade. The ID will save you TIME which you’ll have to pursue your investments goal.

All the best and God bless,
    Catherine
    [thumbsup2]

Profile photo of ProfiteerProfiteer
    @profiteer

Thankyou for your replies Catherine and Tony….I definately can’t wait to have a go with it. I generally use excel spreadsheets and the templates from the Buyer Beware pack to conduct my business, but if the software can make life a little easier that will be grande. As far as the computer upgrade goes, I am toying with the idea of buying or flexi-renting a laptop so I can utilise programs such as ID on the road….Plus I can maybe get rid of the old boat anchor and make more room in the study…..Anybody with any thoughts on flexi-renting computers? ie. the pros and cons of it.

Kind regards

Profiteer [biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

hi profiteer, i’m Flexirenting from Harvey Norman and found you could bargain with them also..

ID sounds good, i looked through buyer beware and didn’t think too much of it though?

Currently just using Excel and Previous end of Year data from PM’s, then add loan costs in..

plus using Steve’s great CoCR calculatorand Jaffasofts Lappack..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.