All Topics / Finance / Small Lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of synericsyneric
    Participant
    @syneric

I’m looking at refinancing my existing loan. Most of the big banks won’t even consider my loan for my current situation.
    My mortgage broker has recommended a small lender that I couldn’t find on the mortgage selection magazine.

What could be the potential risk of borrowing from a small lenders? What do I need to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

What lender and why did he suggest that one?

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Interest Free Home Loan Agent
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Please email me rather than using the PM service here.

Fully Accredited With Derivex LTD and IFHL PTY LTD

***Ask about our Interest Free Home Loan***

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

There are lot’s of different lenders in the market you might not be knowing about but for you doesn’t make any difference as they are whole sellers in most of the cases and in background big bank and they might have same lender.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours

Profile photo of synericsyneric
    Participant
    @syneric

I got one of those Sydney CBD units that are not doing too well at the moment. The banks ain’t too kin on lending money for it.

My mortgage broker suggested a company that could offer 80% finance. Of course this is good news for me, but I’m a bit worried about these small lenders.

Such as those fine print of standard variable rate could be just honeymoon rate. I guess what I’m asking is if there’s anything in particular that I should watch out for before signing.

Plus is that in general that borrowing anything over half a million I would most likely need lender insurance?

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Most large lenders (except NAB) will lend 80% for inner-city so that’s not a real reason to recomend a small lender. Broker needs to justify the cost. Is it the cheapest loan on the market?

What out for exit fees.

Cheers

Stu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.