All Topics / Help Needed! / Lessons from computer illiterate old folks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

G’day,

Wondering how people out there are able to glean all of the good lessons learned about property from elderly folk, who, due to computer illiteracy, are unable to contribute to forums such as this.

Obviously sitting down with a cup of tea and having a chat works wonders…but this technique takes a while and is unable to cover a broad spectrum of people.

I’ve found there are very few new lessons out there – most have been covered and learnt decades ago – alot of the older people have forgotten more than we’ll ever know….but due to the conservative generation in which they have been raised, are reluctant to share lessons about anything financial.

What have other people found to work best ??

Cheers,

Dazzling

“Go hard or go home”

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

….but due to the conservative generation in which they have been raised, are reluctant to share lessons about anything financial.

What have other people found to work best ??

I know exactly what you mean…I’m thinking an injection of Sodium Pentothal?[biggrin]

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by Dazzling:
    Wondering how people out there are able to glean all of the good lessons learned about property from elderly folk, who, due to computer illiteracy, are unable to contribute to forums such as this.

Yes, I did!!! The “old folk” well, maybe weren’t quite so “old” then but they were definitely totally computer illiterate.[blink] And who were these people to whom I can attribute my wealth of knowledge??? MY FOLKS…..errr PARENTS of course!!!

Thanks mum, dad; wish you were here [angel] you’d have been proud!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.