Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of KipKip
    Join Date: 2004
    Post Count: 2

    We are seeking to buy our first property and are wondering whether we need to establish a trust.Your advice will be most welcome. Kind regards Dolph

    Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Join Date: 2003
    Post Count: 1,502

    Hi You better search the forum for you answer there are lot’s of topic on this. Yes according to me you should get a trust to buy investment properties.

    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

    NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours

    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Join Date: 2001
    Post Count: 16,213

    Generally you should probably buy one property in your own name and then use a trust. You’re own home will be exempt from CGT, but a property purcahsed through a trust won’t be.

    Do a search and you will find heaps of info.

    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

    Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    Email Me

    Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Aust wide)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.