All Topics / Help Needed! / Need a little advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of firemanfireman
    @fireman

Hi all, this is my first post on this (or any) of these forums, but I have been an avid reader for the last few months.
    I have recently encountered an investment firm by the name of “Intertax” based in Brisbane. I have had some prior experience with this company (the now managing director has done my tax returns for the last three years)
    The company is into joint venture development and makes certain investments available to their clients. The deals look very good, and have a written guaranteed 12% return minimum. In addition, should the development go wrong, the funds are returned to the investor at 40% (the potential return on investment is anywhere from 20% to 70%)
    This might sound a little too good to be true, which is where my question comes in; Has anybody heard anything negative about intertax?
    Thanks for reading.
    Mark
    [wha]

Profile photo of betterbizbetterbiz
    Participant
    @betterbiz

Hi Mark

I’ve never heard of Intertax so I can’t report any good/bad news of them.

At 40% I’d probably have my fingers crossed for a failure ! <g>

Just remember that a guarantee is only as good as the mob giving it.

That being the case I’d want to see their financial statements for the past 3 years together with their tax returns (so that I could make sure that the two agreed).

Is the investment being offered under an ASIC approved prospectus? (or are they keeping the participation offers limited so as to fly under the ASIC radar on publicly offered investments).

Development type finance (without pre-sales) from mainstream lenders, whilst not impossible is not a stroll in the park either – and for good reason. Every man and his dog can produce paperwork that shows fantastic profits from a development project. It’s your job to find out how believable/accurate these projections are.

Unless you either
    1. have some experience with developments (and can therefore assess their projects properly), or
    2. can afford to lose your investment (cos the guarantee turns out to be worthless).

then whilst I wouldn’t start running just yet, I’d certainly want to do my due diligence properly. And then for the first project at least I’d probably only invest under (2) above until I became more comfortable with them.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Is there any security?

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of firemanfireman
    @fireman

Thanks Betterbiz, I’ll certainly check further
    Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.