All Topics / Overseas Deals / Invercargill Property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

My 4 bedroom house has just become vacant the real estate agent has had 2 weeks to find someone and hasnt as yet is any one experiencing this same problem??? i thought this time of year would be easier to find tennants…because my property is in Appleby very close to the SIT

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Kristine,

2 weeks vacancy is OK, and you should expect that in Invercargill.

Is the rent you are asking at the correct MARKET price?
    What comments does the property manager have about your property?

I’d be trying to make my rental property there more attractive then the next vacant house there.

Does it have good heating, etc..
    Is the garden low maintenance?
    Is it in need of painting etc..etc..

Perhaps a bit of expense by you now, will help to rent it out. What about giving away 1st week rent free or something?

Good luck,
    Del

Profile photo of turbozturboz
    @turboz

Hi Kristine
    I am planning to go to Invercargill in Feburary to purchsae a property. How long have you had your property and what is your opinion of the town.
    Lisa

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

I have a friend who lives in Invercargill and i quizzed them on the options for rentals..he says that due to purchases by investors over the past 12 months, the is now overinflated, and ther seems tobe a glut of renters so i would say you need your house to stand out from the rest, add a bit of value, maybe an econmical lick of paint

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

drop the rent, get someone in quicksmart, better than vacant. Things will change within 6 months, you’ll be OK!

NZ Investor and Bird Dog

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hey there, sure, rents have been a little thin on the ground in Invercargill recently, but if you’ve got property on the south side then you should be happily looking forward to the freezer works opening shortly a couple of K’s out of town southside on the way to Bluff!!! Six months time and all should be looking pretty fine in my opinion!

CastleDreamer
    NZ Investor and Property Spotter

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

thanks for all the great advice….it has recently been painted but i could have better heating i have a double ended fire place at the minute maybe i should get a multi burner…..yes i do think it is way to popular for investers i hope the vacancys dont get to large….so to answer your question turboz i purchased my property in August….and i think its a terrible town no one should invest their at all so their will be more renters and less vacant houses haaaa haaa…..to be honest i have never visited the town but it was ok for me GOOD LUCK….although i am starting to believe it is way to flooded with investers as when i 1st purchased the house i had tenants strait away

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Kristine

i’ve heard (i haven’t had the chance to confirm it yet) that the SIT student numbers are up for 2005 , which is good news as they were down 300 in 2004.
    As CastleDreamer says the New freezer works is about to open , i went past it about 3 weeks ago and its near completion.
    When i was in Invercargill last, LJ Hooker had just had a really good run on properties and their vacant list was cut in half to 7 in one week. I’ve been over in the States for the past fortnight so i’m eager to hear how the rental market is now shaping up.
    Perhaps you should ring the PM and ask why is your home still vacant (2 weeks isn’t too bad), they might be able to offer some advice, it could be that its poorly presented at the moment and may need to lawns mowed (just an example). Also ask how many vacant homes they have on the list and how is your priced in comparission.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.