All Topics / Help Needed! / Experiences with a REA in Darwin?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of SoundOfGoldSoundOfGold
    @soundofgold

Hello guys,

coming to pick your brains here once again[blush2]
    I am just about to settle on an IP in Darwin and was wondering if any of you have some experience or can recommend a sound real estate agent who could manage it for me.

I do have some lined up but not having the experience and local knowledge I thought I can give it a shot here. Btw REA management fees seem to be rather high in NT. The agent I am talking to is asking for 10% of the rental. Is that normal or are they just smelling some easy money from an interstate investor?

Thanks a lot.

Dan

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

Hi there,

I use Emma Mansfield @ Mick Smith Real Estate, Fanny Bay. You will probably pay between 9.5 – 12 % up here everywhere, but I have found them to be pretty good.

Brent2

Profile photo of tesbstesbs
    @tesbs

Hi there, I’m christine from Darwin.

Try Richardson & Wrench ph 08 89240400. Rates here are a bit on the high side but I have heard that these guys are good.

Just be a tad careful of all the added extras that managers sometimes put on top of the % rate.
    Check if any extra costs are involved not disclosed with the rate!!!

I manage my own for now and have had no problems, but I insist that all tenants fill out a fairly extensive application form.

You do get good rental returns here, however be warned that Darwin is currently under the influence of temporary inflated rental returns. Hope it will stay up there for 5 or so years but there are a lot of interstate workers here presently that will no longer require accom once the gas plant is completed.

Hope this helps and I’m happy to help with any other queries keeping in mind that I too am still a learner.

Profile photo of AngelWAAngelWA
    Participant
    @angelwa

I have been using Homestead Realty, Fannie Bay – 8981 9889 – for around 5 years and they have been great… Jodie Waters is my PM… They charge around 11% but money well spent when my IP has only been empty 4 weeks in the whole 5 years![biggrin]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

this is the mob i use,
    only charge 8.25%
    http://www.alliedaust.com.au/
    they have been great

cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.