All Topics / Finance / finance and deposits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Philip10Philip10
    @philip10

Hi I was wondering if there was anyone who could offer me advice on finance. Basically I have heard that you can borrow for a deposit and then go and get a loan for the property. I was wondering if anybody in here has done that. I would like to have my finance in place before I make any offers on an investment property.
    Regards
    Phil

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

As long as you have a good income, you could borrow 10% deposit (plus costs) and then get a 90% loan. YOu must be able to demonstrate you can service both loans though. Usually personal loans are short – up to 5 years and have a high interest rate, so the repayments are fairly high, making it hard to service.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Philip10Philip10
    @philip10

Thank you Terry
    I also heard from a property seminar I attend a few years ago that it was possible to arrange a line of credit for deposits with no colatoral (hope I spelt that right). The guy was talking about obtaining property with little income or on social security. By the way I’m not on social security. Had the same job for 6 years. I’m just exploring avenues of getting finance. Will have a deposit saved by the end of the year but still would like to try it with opm.
    Phil

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

If you have a good income, stable employment, you could get a non secured LOC. But the interest rate would be high – maybe 17% and the amounts generally less than $30,000.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Phil,

There are also 100% loans available from a few lenders, although I think they only lend for owner occupied properties.

Regards
    Alistair

@philip10

I know about a few loans from well known builders that let you borrow 100% of the loan through morgage brokers. But Terry what I am looking for is two totally different loans for deposit and morgage. I have heard that is possible. As a morgage broker have you ever come across that.
    Regards
    Phil

Profile photo of OakleyOakley
    @oakley

I work at a Bank and as a rule we tend to frown on that sort of thing. However, that being said if you can afford the two loans, anything is possible. Some Banks do have policy that prohibits it though.

@philip10

Yep 17% is high we are going to late 80s interest rates with that. I guess I can shop around and get a feel for what is going on as well as recieve advise on what, where and how I can work it. Like i have said I will have a deposit saved by the end of the year so a loan shouldn’t be to much of a hassle with nearly 3000 lenders out there maybe even a bank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.